FNG in San Jose (and not a bright one)

VTRweasel

Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm going from my Palm Pre Plus (mic died) to a Droid Inc. but an upgrade isn't available through Verizon for 6 more months.

I saw their pre-owned phones for sale for $49.99 and ordered one not knowing it required a new contract and number, I thought it was just if I got the 2 for the price of one deal.

Anyway phone came today and they said there was no way to activate it using my old # unless I paid $10 more a month for the family plan so back it goes.

On the bright side my buddy works at Verizon and he's going to send me a free Droid with a cracked screen I just need to replace the broken screen.

After a simple search I found screens from 30-70 bucks and videos on how do "do it myself". Has anyone done this? I did a search but didn't come up with what I was looking for.

Now the wait is on and all I have is my Casio GzOne :blink:

I'm kindda sad, I'm sitting at my desk with this cool phone and I can't play with it.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. You may have to pay the additional amount no matter what phone you get. There are various data plans that you have to have with a Droid. As for changing a screen, nope can't say I have done that or know anyone who has.

OP
VTRweasel

VTRweasel

Reaction score
Thanks,

The data plan's just a little more then the Palm and I get a discount through work so it evens out.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!! not a handyman by any stretch, so don't know what to tell ya about the screen. but, personally, i think whatever you would pay it would be worth it to get into a droid. had the D1 for over a year, and still waaaay diggin it!

hope you stick around and join in the fun! :)

OP
VTRweasel

VTRweasel

Reaction score
hope you stick around and join in the fun! :)

Well after holding the actual phone I'm getting one for sure it's just a matter of where.

As far as sticking around, I'm a forum whore and honestly don't know how many I belong to. I'm a Mod and co-founder of bayarearidersforum a local motorcycle site with over 30K members :D

So yeah, I'll be around.

Thx,