FM transmitter

tx_taz35

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is or will ever be some kind of FM transmitter for the Motorola droid?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Apparently there is a FM transmitter and receiver built into it but it's not worked into the phone. I have read thru forums trying to get it to work with the Radio APK, but no luck. Something with the kernel, maybe even in the system.

Either way, I have doubts because if it WAS possible wouldn't some crazy hackers already have been working on it and got it somewhat working? Oh well. I wish.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Apparently there is a FM transmitter and receiver built into it but it's not worked into the phone. I have read thru forums trying to get it to work with the Radio APK, but no luck. Something with the kernel, maybe even in the system.

Either way, I have doubts because if it WAS possible wouldn't some crazy hackers already have been working on it and got it somewhat working? Oh well. I wish.

Someone is/was working on this...don't know what progress was made.

Danja

Reaction score
Hello,

My car doesn't have an auxiliary audio in port, so I'd like to go the FM transmitter rout. The problem is that I also want to be able to charge my ipod in the car. I already have a dual port car charger. Is there an FM transmitter that either charges via USB, or has 2 USB ports in the base?

Thanks!

androyd_rock

Reaction score
Hmmm I know they exist cause I've seen them

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jaben2

Reaction score
yes they have them. I got mine from best buy. I think it was like $50. It plugs into the cigarette lighter, and has a usb port on the front of the lighter adapter.

mommadarla

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good fm transmitter for the bionic? I'm sick of not being able to play my music in the car! I have a 2005 Ford expedition (if that matters).

mykl376

Reaction score
I used an FM transmitter on my old radio deck in my '04 Tacoma. It was always horrible sound quality, and bleed over from other stations was always an issue. I finally just got a new Alpine deck with USB, headphone, and BT audio. I know this isn't what you asked, but if you really listen to a lot of music in your vehicle, I would say a new deck is very much worth it. I don't regret my purchase, and now I use my phone to stream Pandora/Google Music almost every time I drive.

krameroid

Reaction score
I bought a Livio Bluetooth FM transmitter on eBay for around $39, retail is over $100.

This is the best one I've had. Great sound quality and the stations don't have to be completely static for it to work good. The only thing is that it doesn't have a seek button that will find static stations.

Again, I've tried a few and this one has been the best

jamesmount

Reaction score
The setup i have is a little pricey, but i like it. I have the Satechi Bluetooth Hands-free Car Stereo Fm Transmitter, and the bionic car dock. I also use the best buy rocketfish charger to charger to charge the phone rather than the USB on the bluetooth adapter because it charges faster. For more information you can visit FM Transmitters, FM Radio Transmitter, RVR, TV Transmitters

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
So basically your trying to get audio to your car from your phone via FM?