FM TRANSMITTER need help !!!!

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
What I ideally am looking for is an accessorie that I could use with my MOTOROLA DROID to listen to my music that I have on my phone and my phone calls ............while using my cars speaker systems !!! I have all my itunes songs on my phone and would like to just carry one device and would like to utitilze my DROID.

Any suggestions ????

OP
fLiP SiD3

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
Read here...

FM Transmitter for the DROID - Android Forums

By the way, if you're a Cubs fan, you're not welcome! Otherwise, if you are a Sox fan, then you're very welcome!

Just kiddin', bro...LOL

I am on both forums (droidforums , androidforum) and couldnt remember where I saw that post..........thank you !
And by the way , GO CUBS GO.........GO CUBS GO......Heh Chicago what do you say , the CUBS are gonna win today !!!!!

loop4zil

Reaction score
What I ideally am looking for is an accessorie that I could use with my MOTOROLA DROID to listen to my music that I have on my phone and my phone calls ............while using my cars speaker systems !!! I have all my itunes songs on my phone and would like to just carry one device and would like to utitilze my DROID.

Any suggestions ????

My 2 cents.

Living in Atlanta...I have had NO luck with wireless FM transmitters. I have a looooong commute so having good tunes/entertainment was essential to me. If there are lots of FM signals in your area (like ATL) it is likely you will get interference. I finally bit the bullet and went to a car stereo place and had them install a WIRED fm transmitter. it has the standard headset jack and plugs into my ipod...droid...what ever. Sounds great! it cost me about 100 bucks to get it done...depending on the equipment you want to use it can go up to 200. If you have a newer model car or stereo...you might have an auxiliary jack that you can access in the back of unit. Go to a reputable stereo place and they can tell you.

socalchyd

Reaction score

choklitcow

Reaction score
FM Transmitter Hands Free Car Kit for Motorola Droid - eBay (item 290382075919 end time Feb-13-10 21:44:22 PST)
I just purchased this as well. Will give a review after testing it out in a couple of weekends.

I wanted to find an economical price such as this, because I highly doubt I will be using it for much longer. Not only will I be in the market for a new vehicle in the near future, but the price of a new deck is on par with some of the higher priced fm transmitters anyway.

Last edited:

Phillip944

Reaction score
I started using the Motorola Motorokr T505 yesterday. Works great.

That one sounds like the one I am gonna go with.........looked on BEST BUY , but , for some reason they dont carry this. How weird

I purchased mine on eBay... $20 less than the price on Verizon.com. Just make sure you buy a new, sealed unit... preferably with free shipping.

Good luck.

skidemn

Reaction score
auxiliary input

Any suggestions ????

FM transmitters for the most part suck. Your sound quality is only as good as the transmitter you choose and the FM receiver in your radio. Wired FM modulators are much better, but again you are limited in sound quality to those parts. I recommend an auxiliary input for your radio which will give you the absolute best sound quality possible. If you list your make/model/year vehicle, I can check to see what is available for it.

Slighter

Reaction score
After reading the first few posts it looked like this thread might degenerate into Cubs - Sox jokes. Oh well maybe next time.

choklitcow

Reaction score
Fortunately they both suck, but I will give a review of my cheap-o transmitter when I get it. Was shipped today.