fm radio??

lakerfan82

Reaction score
Any idea if the droid will ever get nobex radio? I had it on my Blackberry Tour and it was awesome. Also is there any app out there that you can listen to ESPN radio?

There's a few. Android Online Radio (AOR) or RadioTime both allow you to stream ESPN radio stations...RadioTime is $3, but well worth it in my opinion, and they have podcasts built in as well.

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
you know the droid has surprised alot of people with alot of things that has been brought out of it, it may actually get a good reception but i have never really liked online radio and i do like some of the talk shows from a couple stations thats why i asked about this

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
The 2 major ones for local radios are iheartradio and RadioTime. RadioTime is a paid app but has a lot of stations.

iheartradio is an app developed by Clear Channel which is the biggest radio company in the world. They only stream stations they own through the app though.

RadioTime is developed by RadioTime Inc. and are no big company but stream a lot of good stations through their app (minus the ones Clear Channel owns). RadioTime is an app you have to pay for though. It is $2.99 .

I have radio time and it's worth 3 bucks nooooooo problem. Great app:icon_ banana:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Ok here is a list of Radio apps popular on the Droid and you can figure out which ones you want. I will also include if i have tried them or not and a review if i have tried them.

1. RadioTime - Awesome app and it works great. Phone stays nice and cool when this app is running so it doesn't take up a lot of CPU. Picks up REAL radio stations from all over the US as well as Internet radio stations.

2. iheartradio - Awesome app for stations owned by Clear Channel and runs well on droid, However will cause your phone to start getting hot if run long enough. Picks up REAL radio stations from all over the US.

3. Android Online Radio - I have not tried this app yet because i seem to have everything i need with RadioTime and iheartradio.

4. Pandora - Tried this a while ago but needed account just to listen to stations so i uninstalled it and haven't downloaded it since.

5. Slacker - Haven't tried this app because i hear it runs crappy and you also need an account to login. I hear sound quality with this app is not good at all.

6. DroidLive - Have tried this app and works good but as far as i've seen it only picks up internet radio stations and not radio stations from all over the US. This app will also cause your phone to get hot if ran long enough.

7. Last.fm - I have not tried this app yet because i have read bad reveiws about it playing songs over and over and also stopping after 10-30 mins of running.

8. A Online Radio - I have not tried this app yet because i feel i have what i need with RadioTime and iheartradio.

9. StreamFurious - Have not tried this app yet but heard its a lot like DroidLive with a little more problems. They recently had to revert back to an old streaming engine for some reason. Make of it what you will.

Now if this doesn't answer most of your questions about Radio Apps i don't know what will.

And just for kicks if you are looking for a Police/Fire/EMS Radio (Scanner) you can check out PoliceStream. PoliceStream is a paid app ($1.35) from the market and will give you access to tons of Police/Fire/EMS radios from across the globe. There are other police scanner apps but not sure how they work.

The other Police/Fire/EMS radio apps are:

1. Listen In
2. Scanner Buddy
3. Police Radio

For a Police/Fire/EMS app i recommend PoliceStream.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok here is a list of Radio apps popular on the Droid and you can figure out which ones you want. I will also include if i have tried them or not and a review if i have tried them.

1. RadioTime - Awesome app and it works great. Phone stays nice and cool when this app is running so it doesn't take up a lot of CPU. Picks up REAL radio stations from all over the US as well as Internet radio stations.

2. iheartradio - Awesome app for stations owned by Clear Channel and runs well on droid, However will cause your phone to start getting hot if run long enough. Picks up REAL radio stations from all over the US.

3. Android Online Radio - I have not tried this app yet because i seem to have everything i need with RadioTime and iheartradio.

4. Pandora - Tried this a while ago but needed account just to listen to stations so i uninstalled it and haven't downloaded it since.

5. Slacker - Haven't tried this app because i hear it runs crappy and you also need an account to login. I hear sound quality with this app is not good at all.

6. DroidLive - Have tried this app and works good but as far as i've seen it only picks up internet radio stations and not radio stations from all over the US. This app will also cause your phone to get hot if ran long enough.

7. Last.fm - I have not tried this app yet because i have read bad reveiws about it playing songs over and over and also stopping after 10-30 mins of running.

8. A Online Radio - I have not tried this app yet because i feel i have what i need with RadioTime and iheartradio.

9. StreamFurious - Have not tried this app yet but heard its a lot like DroidLive with a little more problems. They recently had to revert back to an old streaming engine for some reason. Make of it what you will.

Now if this doesn't answer most of your questions about Radio Apps i don't know what will.

And just for kicks if you are looking for a Police/Fire/EMS Radio (Scanner) you can check out PoliceStream. PoliceStream is a paid app ($1.35) from the market and will give you access to tons of Police/Fire/EMS radios from across the globe. There are other police scanner apps but not sure how they work.

The other Police/Fire/EMS radio apps are:

1. Listen In
2. Scanner Buddy
3. Police Radio

For a Police/Fire/EMS app i recommend PoliceStream.

10. Flycast - new, beta, FREE! Channel guide is here {LINK}.
Biggest Pro: Breaks live broadcasts to 15 minute segments, saved for each session.
Biggest Con: Doesn't always switch to live segment every 15 minutes, many times it will replay the segment you just listened to. Just need to press "Live Segment" on the app, and it is fixed.
My wish list: a "Snap to live" button on the controls. Nothing worse than having to fast forward to get caught up, 1 tap on the screen would be so much nicer.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok here is a list of Radio apps popular on the Droid and you can figure out which ones you want. I will also include if i have tried them or not and a review if i have tried them...

Just a clarification. All of these applications stream signals from the internet. The distinction between "Real" radio stations and "Internet Radio Stations" is simply that some stations are "internet only" while others stream local broadcasts over the internet. If a radio station doesn't have an internet stream, you won't find it on any of these apps. There are literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of internet-only stations. They range from a guy streaming his lp collection from his basement to highly polished broadcasts usually devoted to a particular genre. Some are supported by advertising, others are more or less hobbies of would-be dj's. Radio Time has an extensive selection of these stations, many of them on their android app; more on their website.

There is also a sub-category of the internet-only stations that allow a listener to select a particular genre or other "kind" of music. Pandora, Slacker, and Rhapsody fall into this group. So does MOG, a similar service that has recently announced they'll have an android app. (It's kind of a combination of Pandora and Rhapsody.) These services are supported either by advertising, a subscription fee, or a combination of the two. The more expensive of these internet services (e.g. Rhapsody) enable you to select a particular artist or tracks. The less expensive services (e.g. Pandora, Slacker) choose the music for you within a particular "genre"

For those who like to listen to NPR, "Listen" and "NPR News" are both excellent apps. The former enables the user to subscribe to podcasts; the latter, despite its name, provides access to all of the programming of hundreds of NPR stations.

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Noticed a tidbit in the reviews of the Incredible this morning. Apparently it has a true FM radio enabled. Requires a wired headset as an antenna. (Not unusual) but it does support over the air reception.

ctxx24

Reaction score
So i sent a email about missing stations and 2 days later they had them on there..... that was pretty cool.....