fm radio??

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
would like to know if there is an actual fm radio app i have read about the hardware in the droid and N1 that it can receive fm radio signal but the official rom doesnt support it but anything i read was outdated

would love to have local radio on my phone please let me know if any rom supports it or is planning to

running droidmod 1.0

Reaction score
There's a real-time streaming app called "I Heart Radio" that's pretty awesome! Worth every penny. It doesn't use FM waves though and only has MOST stations.:)

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
iheartradio doesnt have any stations for phoenix

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
The 2 major ones for local radios are iheartradio and RadioTime. RadioTime is a paid app but has a lot of stations.

iheartradio is an app developed by Clear Channel which is the biggest radio company in the world. They only stream stations they own through the app though.

RadioTime is developed by RadioTime Inc. and are no big company but stream a lot of good stations through their app (minus the ones Clear Channel owns). RadioTime is an app you have to pay for though. It is $2.99 .

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
The 2 major ones for local radios are iheartradio and RadioTime. RadioTime is a paid app but has a lot of stations.

iheartradio is an app developed by Clear Channel which is the biggest radio company in the world. They only stream stations they own through the app though.

RadioTime is developed by RadioTime Inc. and are no big company but stream a lot of good stations through their app (minus the ones Clear Channel owns). RadioTime is an app you have to pay for though. It is $2.99 .

i tried radio time it has all of my local stations and i turned my sterio on and it doesnt play what actually on the radio but i do like that one alot might rebuy it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

droidtom

Reaction score
It shouldn't be off with the radio by more than a few minutes

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
CherryRPlayer and DroidLive have many streaming radio stations from all over the country.

Big Lou

Reaction score
Well, a hack is in the process to bring native FM Radio Reception to the Droid.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm a little puzzled by this request. Is it an effort to find some radio station that is not available through one or another streaming apps? Or is it simply a desire to have the Droid do still something else? That's all I can imagine because in fact fm radio reception is not that good on devices like the droid without a dedicated antenna.

I have a strong feeling that unless one is willing to wear a hat with an FM antenna mounted on top (or have the wires for earbuds serve the same purpose) folks are going to be disappointed about the reception they're getting from their Droids.

P.S. For the major investment of a whole $3 RadioTime provides me with virtually every radio station in the Puget Sound area. And that includes various HD streams that I can't even get on my radio at home.

Last edited:

Big Lou

Reaction score
Running while listening to Baseball games would make me giddy.

Also, having just that one more capability would make the Droid even better!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Running while listening to Baseball games would make me giddy.

Also, having just that one more capability would make the Droid even better!

Well, that's understandable. And perhaps your team broadcasts over FM. Mine doesn't. And in my experience, few do.

droiddict

Reaction score
for baseball games, check out the MLB.com At Bat 2010 app. You can stream the local radio coverage for either team. Way worth the $15 if you are outside the broadcast area for your team.

JDungan69

Reaction score
Any idea if the droid will ever get nobex radio? I had it on my Blackberry Tour and it was awesome. Also is there any app out there that you can listen to ESPN radio?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I think all the current radio apps will cover just about anything besides sirius/xm radio.