FM radio

OP
G

GreenSnow

Reaction score
i tired that one and it just sits at the launch screen.

i installed it with the link you just gave me and does the same thing. any suggstions?

OP
G

GreenSnow

Reaction score
ya both apps d othe same thing, just sit at the launch screen

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
not sure if it's the same one or not but check here

btw, you are plugging headphones in first, correct? :biggrin:

OP
G

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Ya I think that's the same one from google play store, (atleast from the picture, the file has ben removed due to violation)

And yes I do have headphones plugged in

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

dalegg

Reaction score
I have read conflicting stories as to if the Note 3 will have an FM radio. I read the Note 2 did but some carriers blocked it. Verizon???
I have looked at all the specs and there was no mention of one. I use it to watch TV at the fitness center but I can always buy a cheap gizmo that will pick up FM broadcasts if the Note 3 doesn't have one.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see any of the major US carriers as stating that it is a feature, but i'd be very surprised if it wasn't on the phones.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
The Bionic has an FM radio. I loved FM radio, it is certainly better than streaming in several instances. JB broke the radio without root. As I understand that was at VZW's direction. I wouldn't count FM in a future device.

As a side note, I am in a gulf coast state. A group here was trying to force legislation to require FM radios in phones. Their push was for safety. We are hurricane prone. (every region has its own natural disaster issues though) Very few people have a portable battery powered radio anymore. When power is out we are largely in the dark. But nearly everyone has a smart phone and most can charge them in their car. Problem solved. The group has not gained much ground, but more support could't hurt.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I plan on getting the Note 3. If it is a feature and they block it, I will root in a heartbeat!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Bionic has an FM radio. I loved FM radio, it is certainly better than streaming in several instances. JB broke the radio without root. As I understand that was at VZW's direction. I wouldn't count FM in a future device.

As a side note, I am in a gulf coast state. A group here was trying to force legislation to require FM radios in phones. Their push was for safety. We are hurricane prone. (every region has its own natural disaster issues though) Very few people have a portable battery powered radio anymore. When power is out we are largely in the dark. But nearly everyone has a smart phone and most can charge them in their car. Problem solved. The group has not gained much ground, but more support could't hurt.

I just don't understand that reason that any of them would want to block access to FM radio. It's a very strange move in my book. I have the thunderbolt and it has FM radio on it.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I just don't understand that reason that any of them would want to block access to FM radio. It's a very strange move in my book. I have the thunderbolt and it has FM radio on it.
The reason is easy. I still have unlimited data, but that won't last forever. For the rest with tiered plans they want to charge those giant data overage charges