FM Radio?

UNC

Reaction score
Ok, so I know for a fact the Motorola Droid has an FM radio receiver/transmitter, and I also know that the Droid X has an FM receiver app (I saw it on engadget)... Any chance the app could be ported to our beloved device???

motoroladroidx45.jpg

M Moogle

Reaction score
There used to be a giant thread on old Alldroid about trying to get the FM chip to work. Last I remember people had grabbed the driver and some apks from another Moto Android phone but couldn't get any sound output. Something with the media framework, I think. Not sure if anything ever came of it.

OP
UNC

UNC

Reaction score
Well, I think we have a good chance of getting one now, I can't imagine that Motorola made too many changes to the structure of the system, and I know the resolution is not an error. I guess we'll know when droid x drops.

KevinL

Reaction score
There used to be a giant thread on old Alldroid about trying to get the FM chip to work. Last I remember people had grabbed the driver and some apks from another Moto Android phone but couldn't get any sound output. Something with the media framework, I think. Not sure if anything ever came of it.

Yeah I actually tried that out. All it did was force close. it was from a moto from japan I think.

Aimperial

Reaction score
I've read that the Rezound has an FM Radio, where would it be found? Is it true?

Sent From My HTC Rezound

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now it has been mostly confirmed that we have FM radio on the network chip(broadcom) but there is currently no application that supports it.