Fm radio???

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Rezound has a hidden fm radio. Maybe only accessable after rooting.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Radio.com and TuneIn Radio

There is no need for a FM Radio chip in the phone. Use the Radio.com and TuneIn Radio apps to get all you local stations. You stream them and there is reception issues. :biggrin:

Nealius

Reaction score
Do the streams stop when there is a local sport on?
Guess Ill have to try it to find out

skennelly

Reaction score
+ 1 for tunein and no, it should stream regardless of content.

Coupe

Reaction score
Not nearly the same guys. Those apps are typical crap that tracks your movements, who you call and what your number is, I wish people would stop acting like it's the same thing.

I looked for an android on VZW with FM radio, no luck.

Nealius

Reaction score
Not nearly the same guys. Those apps are typical crap that tracks your movements, who you call and what your number is, I wish people would stop acting like it's the same thing.

pretty broad statement. got anything to back that up?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
There is an FM radio chip on the wireless. This has been discussed on XDA. Nobody has figured out how to make it work...but it's there.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score

The dinc2's have actual radios. Uses headphones as antenna ...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Smith 317. I have tunein radio pro and a couple of other similar apps. The fm tuner does not use data, and I use the tuner in conjunction with another device, that's why I was asking. Thanks for all of the in folks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

skennelly

Reaction score

I guess I should get my tinfoil hat back out of the closet before listening to my morning show.

pat3332

Reaction score
My Thunderbolt had an FM radio, but I don't really miss it because I never used it. Actually, I can't think of anything I do miss about it. The Rezound is far superior in every way. A couple of years ago I still couldn't stream the games from my favorite local college team, but I just checked and I think I can now.

zirkdog

Reaction score
Apps and streaming audio like tunein or iheartradio suck down your data. FM radio is free over the air. Probably why the manufacturers stopped including the FM radio apps.

The moto droid FM radio apk file is readily available online and can be found with some simple google work. In my ignorance, i don't know if the moto app will work on your rezound.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Coupe

Reaction score
I would think the carriers would prefer FM due to bandwidth saving, but if you are using that how will you get location based adds sent to the phone that can also determine what music you like, where were you when you liked that music and determine what time of night you liked aforementioned music. ( not to mention how fast that last song made you drive lol)

Don't doubt me on this, these phones are designed to be intrusive revenue devices.

Jonas

Reaction score
I would think the carriers would prefer FM due to bandwidth saving, but if you are using that how will you get location based adds sent to the phone that can also determine what music you like, where were you when you liked that music and determine what time of night you liked aforementioned music. ( not to mention how fast that last song made you drive lol)

Don't doubt me on this, these phones are designed to be intrusive revenue devices.

I have to disagree with that. Because apps like last.fm actually use what song you listened to in a productive way by suggesting things you would like. There's not a single ad. Yes you have to pay $3 a month, but that's like a coke and a candy bar at the gas station. And honestly, I don't think last.fm gives a crap where I was when I was listening to my music.

Also, I doubt "they" care how fast you were going, and what song you were listening to with any idea other than how this will help "them" to suggest more similar music so you will continue to use their app.

Just a wild guess, but I'm betting you are very anti facebook too?

Sent from my Banana Phone

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also want an FM Radio on the phone. Its one thing I miss about my Droid X1. I've been wanting this on both my RAZR and Rezound. I forgot it was on my list of pros n cons. I hopefully wont forget for my next phone.

Tune In radio app doesnt get all the stations like the website, and the website has been losing stations left n right for my area.