Fm radio tuner app

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not sure. Its a motorola app. If you google it you can find it quite a few different places. I think slayher had it up on xda for the d2

Sent from my DROID3

technogeek00

Reaction score
Wow just spent 10 minutes hunting down some stations. This thing works great, its odd though, I thought you needed special headphones for this to work, but my 6 dollar earbuds pick up great signal.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow just spent 10 minutes hunting down some stations. This thing works great, its odd though, I thought you needed special headphones for this to work, but my 6 dollar earbuds pick up great signal.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Yeah all you need is something plugged into the headphone jack. All the service is build in already, they just didn't supply us with the app. Odd.

Sent from my DROID3

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Wow, thanks, don't know if I'll ever actually use it, but I installed it and it works perfectly :D

sarreq

Reaction score
awesome!

I'm wondering, would it be possible for an app to decode HDRadio, since it uses the same frequency ranges as the analog stations?

Venom51

Reaction score
It's using the headphones or whatever is plugged into the headphone jack as the antenna. You can redirect sound to the speaker in the phone but something has to remain plugged into the jack.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Here's another (or it might be the same app). lol It was posted on Droid-Life

LINK

PuneE

Reaction score
i ran into a little bug where I had it playing for over an hr, then turnned the phone back on and menu/exit the app, the but music kept playing. very odd.

I would load the app again, but it would just eternally stick on loading. Had to reset the phone to stop the music. (or I could just pull the headset but i wouldnt kno if the app stopped. Even did an endtask on the app, kept on chiming. only happened once tho, other times, i exited fine.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Anyone have a working link for it. The ones posted above don't work. Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Anyone have a working link for it. The ones posted above don't work. Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

After trying a few APKs that didn't work I pulled the FMRadio.apk out of the attachment on this post ( FM radio for the D2!!!! - Android Forums ). This one worked for me....not sure if its the same APK. (note....i didn't install anything else in that zip...just FMRadio.apk)

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I installed it and it works(got it via a post on DroidLife), although I don't really think I need it, the stations I usually listen to are available static free in the TuneIn Radio app. But it's cool to have the FM radio app since the phone has the capability.