FM Radio on the CLIQ

Rettocs

Reaction score
I can't get to that website at work, damn content filters :D

But if it has to do with an FM reciever/transmitter, I have been reading a post on these forums about making an app that utilizes this. I don't know if it will ever be accomplished, but that would rock.

Sorry if that has nothing to do with what your article said!

barbee

Reaction score
as far as i can tell its just a receiver. but i may be wrong.

OP
justbob

justbob

Reaction score
You're spot on.

Here's a copy & paste from the link above:

Our friend Eugene is still one of the busiest guys we know. This time around it's an LG ROM on the Motorola CLIQ that has his attention. I know, I know, get to the real news. How about some FM Radio to go with your phone calls, media player, and web browsing? Sounds good to us! While trying to fix the radio issue with Moto Blur on the LG ROM he has running on the CLIQ, Eugene stumbled across a lib file that was missing in the normal Blur ROM. He also noticed FMRadio was present in the bin file. After some deep contemplation (not really), Eugene loaded the bin and lib FMRadio files and an apk he found floating around--one intended for this purpose--and voila, FM Radio started working! So by bringing in the files from the LG ROM that the CLIQ hardware needed, he was able to bring life to a dormant feature.
At the present time, it will not work on the standard build. In order to get it up and running a lot of work still needs to be done (read: lots of technical stuff). There's only one catch besides the wait for adjustments: it will only work if you have your headphones plugged in for the time being, but we can deal.
Thanks Eugene!

Rettocs

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be cool. If anything, just having the option to add to the plethora of other features of the Droid would rock!

If I can ever find the link to the thread I was reading I'll post it. Apparently, the droid is capable of transmitting and recieving FM.