FM radio for the D2!!!!

jkcm725

Reaction score
I have read through this whole threadand it seems like it should be simple but I am running into problems.
Do I need to download sdk and adb and java? I also cannot figure out how to remount to rw. I have done everything I could to try and understand. I downloaded java and that sdk tools link and I unzipped this file, moved the folders to the sdk tools folder, tried the commands but when typing the second step in command prompt I get a message saying something like file wasn't found.
Please if anyone could clairify this stuff it would be greatly appreciated.
I had a droid x before the droid2 and I loved the fm radio. I would love to have it back. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

R u rooted? Just making sure

JmCleve

Reaction score
How do I create my own post and questions using this app from my phone

jkcm725

Reaction score
How do I create my own post and questions using this app from my phone

Go into forum u want to post and hit the left soft button next to the home button, should be a menu that comes up and sould have a option to creat new topic.

mike_merryguy

Reaction score
SO I did everything, keep getting the waiting for radio to load screen, I am sure its a permission problem b/c i have looked with ASTRO and all the files are there, when I mount RW and chmod the files they change, but when I mount it back to RO it reverts back to -r- astro shows me that it does change to -rw when i make the file 755, gahhhh do I have to boot the phone in a special mode to chmod the files...

SHOOOT I have a D2 Global, anyone get the radio to work with this junk phone... i told that dumb rep I wanted a regular D2 she said they were 'all out'

Last edited:

louy99

Reaction score
If you have fission rom manager, there is a great music player mod that has fm radio built in. It works good.

Sent from my DROID2

chasehammer

Reaction score
re:

i just put the files on my sdcard, used root manager to change mount to read/write and then copied over from sdcard to system folder on root. I changed the permissions in root manager then remounted back to read/only but still just kept saying that it was loading. so then ran Fix Permissions from ROM Manager (about all its good for BTW) and bam worked. Not as good reception as my brothers Droid X using my headset (motorola set that came with my phone) but still works none the less.

oh and i tried to connect my phone to my car radio using aux connection and it worked as headphone but not as loadspeaker and still only coming through the right side of the car same as headset. oh well.

hope this helps someone.

deejay1111

Reaction score
Is there no longer an option to add the fm radio in the Liberty Toolbox? I am currently running GB so I am not sure if it is there in 2.0. In 1.5 I think it was under Apps Management and then Install Addons. This pretty much did all the work for you, one of the many benefits of running Liberty ;)

Wnsirlord

Reaction score
Is there no longer an option to add the fm radio in the Liberty Toolbox? I am currently running GB so I am not sure if it is there in 2.0. In 1.5 I think it was under Apps Management and then Install Addons. This pretty much did all the work for you, one of the many benefits of running Liberty ;)

Wow never knew about that, thank you!!

Natey2

Reaction score
Why not just use a free 3rd-party application like TuneIn Radio?
Has both FM & AM stations, and you don't need headphones like FM Radio does.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why not just use a free 3rd-party application like TuneIn Radio?
Has both FM & AM stations, and you don't need headphones like FM Radio does.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Because it net streamed radio and not local....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

deejay1111

Reaction score

Wow never knew about that, thank you!!

No problem, enjoy :)