FM Radio Capable?

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only reason I want it is to listen to a local DC radio station in the morning, while at work. Most of the time, I just stream it on my computer at work, but sometimes our bandwidth is crap and it's a no go.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only reason I want it is to listen to a local DC radio station in the morning, while at work. Most of the time, I just stream it on my computer at work, but sometimes our bandwidth is crap and it's a no go.
1+ for DC radio. But yeah I don't necessarily want to stream it through the internet, I just want to listen to the radio straight but I guess I'll be all right without an FM tuner.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nah. I mean I have that as one of several saved stations on my Bionic but I normally listen to 95.5 WPGC, 93.9 WKYS, and 99.5 KEAB. I'm a little more mainstream and younger :p

Nice, I catch the Kane show from time to time - war of the roses is ridiculous :)

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like how you just let the cheap shot from the young whipper-snapper just roll right off ya, benson........ get off my lawn you kids!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I learned not long ago (when I found out someone was 16 on here that I assumed was closer to 30) that you'd be surprised.... haha

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I learned not long ago (when I found out someone was 16 on here that I assumed was closer to 30) that you'd be surprised.... haha
That's the internet for you! Some people are older or younger than you think. I'm usually one of those people. Most people can't tell my age on the internet...and in real life either...

R3Ds

Developer
Reaction score
Website
r3dsthemes.com
Once rooted why not use the FM.apk from cm7 put in system/app fix permissions. That may work.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

toyotaking88

Reaction score
Someone stated the was a phone that they thought had an FM transmitter in it and I know which one he is talking about and it was on sprint. I think it was called the Muze/Muse or something similar. I use the FM tuner app on my Droid x every now and them, I thought I would use it more than I actually do. But it is still very handy to have.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JWellington

Reaction score
Well I know that the OMAP chips have FM radio capability built in. If it doesn't come by default, look for an app to take advantage of the chip's built-in radio. There's an app called Spirit FM which does just that =)

Sent from my DROIDX