Flight Control type game for Android?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. There's a free version of that, but this looked better. I just searched "flight" in Androlib to find that. IIRC, I found another last night, but it was more like the one that the iPhone had.

digital75

Reaction score
I know there's not a good flight sim game for adroid but on my ipod touch there's a really good flight sim game called X-Plane. It is a really good flight sim game where your actually controlling the aircraft from take off to landing. its a hard game but a good one. You can choose a few airports and change the time of day you want to fly weather it's at night or dawn or dusk. You can also change the weather also.

mantis5

Reaction score
X-Plane is awesome. I have Extreme, Carrier and Helicopter. It would be great if they were ported to Android.

digital75

Reaction score
X-Plane is awesome. I have Extreme, Carrier and Helicopter. It would be great if they were ported to Android.

I play all of those games on my ipod touch and on my iphone and i am so hooked on it so bad lol :icon_eek:

It took me a while to learn how to fly the planes but now i can land and take off with no problems. the helicopter is a different story lol.

mantis5

Reaction score
I am hopeful that with the nicer display and the D-pad and keyboard, it could actually be a richer experience. I find it distracting that when cutting back the throttle and flaps for landing, I often inadvertently bring up the top menu. Oh, and then there's the little problem of accidentally strafing the runway when landing the MiG. :p

digital75

Reaction score
I am hopeful that with the nicer display and the D-pad and keyboard, it could actually be a richer experience. I find it distracting that when cutting back the throttle and flaps for landing, I often inadvertently bring up the top menu. Oh, and then there's the little problem of accidentally strafing the runway when landing the MiG. :p

When landing the MIG just approach the airport and cut your throttle to half and flaps set at 20% for the final. And make sure you come in on the final at 140. Then when the wheels touch cut off throttle and engage the speed brakes.

Last edited:

mantis5

Reaction score

When landing the MIG just approach the airport and cut your throttle to half and flaps set at 20% for the final. And make sure you come in on the final at 140. Then when the wheels touch cut off throttle and engage the speed brakes.

Thanks; I have learned to set the MiG down pretty smoothly, though your settings are a little different from mine and I am going to try them. :)

My specific issue is accidentally brushing the gun trigger when pulling down the flaps. Not a nice greeting for the ground crew, haha.

brochaos

Reaction score
flight director is fun!! that company makes a lot of good games. space physics and shoot u.

no reason why the droid couldn't handle xplane...

digital75

Reaction score
flight director is fun!! that company makes a lot of good games. space physics and shoot u.

no reason why the droid couldn't handle xplane...

Well X-Plane is a big file to download its around 35MB in size.