flavored ice for DOID???

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Malvado, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  2. bgill55

bgill55 New Member Theme Developer

3. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

bump. love the look of that
  4. jhietter

jhietter New Member

5. jairomeo

jairomeo Member

Edit: nevermind after reading how this forum backs bull**** devs posting warez and dissing a real ROM dev's work while kanging their work, I dont wish to share my work here. Plus this is home of who stole my work and posted it somewhere else. Cyanogen is a Android Rookie? lmfao!
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  6. Malvado

what?? if ur talkin about me posting ur theme image here i dont see a problem wit that
  7. Malvado

lol sorry about that ...FIXED...thanks for the link but can u point me out the link that is for 2.1 and in that color please if u can
  8. jairomeo

jairomeo Member

No. Nothing to do with you, or most the users on this forum, more the fake devs and themers posting here. What I'm talking about was starting today seeing Cyanogen be bad mouthed by a dev whole was using his source, watching this forum back up that dev, who also btw was distributing PAID apps in his ROM. Then I started looking at other things, and saw manups theme jacked without even a thanks by that same dev. Yet, they cried when their ROM was on ROM Manager. Then to search and find my theme ripped apart 5 times within 15 min, without anyone ever linking to my theme or even saying thank you. So searching more found a few other themes ripped off from other themers, but no thanks to those original creators, no linking back to the original devs work, nothing. All I see on here is a bunch of work taken from others and posted here without anyone being even polite enough to give a reach around.

mod edit: credit has been given and changes have been made. there is no lack of love here for cyanogen, things were just handled poorly (on all accounts maybe) and he was treated like any normal member, rather than given special treatment. we are getting that all sorted, hang in there.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  9. jairomeo

jairomeo Member

In response to the mod edit, its not even just cyanogen, but overall there is a lot of work on this forum that is just copy/paste of someone else, no one says thanks or links back to the real threads.

My Flavored Ice theme can be found all over on this forum. A few times I saw it say "I used Flavored Ice" but out of respect for the work everyone puts in, link to the original's or say thanks to the creator. It's not just me either, Manup's theme was completely taken without any thanks, Bgill saw his stuff in things, even Zapote's Zapmix is being used without any mention of him or his theme, and he doesnt even post it of forums.

I just find it tasteless and disrespectful that the people posting all of these themes manage to find time to take our work, but cant take the time to give props to the people that actually put in work.
  10. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Welcome to the internet?

Its always been like this in one respect or another.
  11. jairomeo

jairomeo Member

Ill buy that when I see the same thing on another Android Forum. Too bad its not. Things pop up from time to time of course but it is a rampant act all over this forum.

I'm glad you guys enjoy being full of copy and paste artists rather then people which actually do work.
  12. adrynalyne

Then you've got full blinders on. The only way to really protect your work is with legal action, and even then....

Getting bent out of shape and registering on a forum to complain about it, will not change the nature of the internet, or people in general.

FWIW, this is why I have someone theming for me. So we can be original and not step on any toes. I fully expect said themes will be ripped off at some point, and not just here.
  13. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

so does this theme work on the droid? It looks amazing and would love to have this on my droid. I would gladly donate to perspective owner of it too.
  14. adrynalyne

I've used it on Cyanogenmod. It a nicely done theme.
  15. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

Do I need to have 2.1 to use this theme? I am 2.0.1 rooted droidmod. Also if not, is it a metamorph theme?
  16. nphil

nphil New Member

If you really want to use the theme (or any WVGA theme really) on an ESE81 based ROM, just download the CyanogenMod version, extract all the relevant pngs and replace the pngs in your original ese81 based framework-res.apk. Just open the framework-res.apk file in 7zip and extract the /res/drawable-hdpi folder somewhere. The pngs all have file names that are pretty self explanatory. Then replace the services.jar with one from a theme with white clock/date. Also, copy pasta the relevant xml files for white ongoing notification text etc etc too.

But for the love of god, don't even think about posting it here lest you incur the wrath of the original theme creators/coders.
  17. JhankG

JhankG New Member

If you are so disgusted with this forum, why are you still here? 99% of us had nothing to do with all that mess yesterday, so stop preaching to us like we did. Go pm blackdroid if you're that passionate about it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  18. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

I'm pretty sure metamorph is easier to use if that can be done with this theme.
  19. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

20. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

I installed this flavored ice theme an it looks great but when I installed a previous theme i had to install blackmod which gave me white clock and font over the black status bar. But now I have the white(lemon)theme an now I have a white clock over white status bar. Is there anywhere I can uninstall this blackmod or somehow to install black font again?