Flashplayer1 10 linux.tar

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just about guarantee it is not.

Agree..and now I've read to the end of the thread and see it wasn't an android flash beta.

Having an update automatically go to someone's phone because they provided their email address in a beta test just sounds really odd to me.

I get junk mail, otherwise known as spam. I have filters that keep most of it out of my inbox. There is a lot of crap that comes my way. I'd wager this is true for most folks.

Having only left an email address on a beta signup site yet them being able to make the app download to you means that anybody with your email address could make something download to you. You'd be out of space in no time.

So how did this get on the phone? Maybe someone with physical access to the phone. I'd buy that story. A friend, sibling, or some other local prankster. The phone just pulling something down without the user clicking anything? Seems like a security risk to let that sort of thing occur.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Id say there is a good chance he clicked on a link when browsing on his phone and it downloaded, which would show up in the notification bar. Being that some sites see Android as Linux, and if it was setup to prompt a flash download when the browser doesnt have flash installed...yeah I could see it happening.

An honest mistake...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Id say there is a good chance he clicked on a link when browsing on his phone and it downloaded, which would show up in the notification bar. Being that some sites see Android as Linux, and if it was setup to prompt a flash download when the browser doesnt have flash installed...yeah I could see it happening.

An honest mistake...

Aww shucks... turns around and walks away with tar and feathers.. <g>