1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Flashing won't work!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Diordna, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Not for me but for someone I was helping. Some reason doing everything right with putting it on the droid, rename to update.zip, going to recovery and allow installation and then install always gets aborted.
    This happened for awhile with the rooting link to give him root access but then out of no where he tried and it worked... but then it happened again with trying to give him Froyo ROMs (tried several different ones!)
    And naming it update instead of update.zip worked for the first one so we stayed on that path. But idk, I sweat everything we do is right from the last word. I never had this happen with someone I tried helping and I want to know what's going on.

As for the original froyo link in the news section, I know we need to extract it and put it in the nandroid but we couldn't even extract that file cause it popped out errors and stuff. I couldn't even extract it.
    But tried bugless and chevy's update.zip way and just wouldn't work.
  2. Diordna

Diordna New Member

any idea?? lol
  3. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Beta Team Developer

what does it say exactly?
  4. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Sounds to me like the files you are downloading are becoming corrupted some how.
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

No offense to the OP but this is not the way to get help. Why don't you have the person having the problem contact us and have them post in our Rescue Squad section so he/she can get some help? This middleman stuff on line isn't going to work.
  6. Diordna

Diordna New Member

No cause I was the one helping him. And I gave him the link to this thread so he should post on here sometime whenever.

As for the others, yes it seems corrupt and it's very weird, never seen this happen. It's like nothing will work, I'll let the person having trouble tell you what exactly was going on. I think it just kept aborting
  7. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

there could be many reasons. It could be a corrupted file. He could be renaming the file update.zip with a windows 7 computer.
    With out one on one or he being there with you while you are on the forum we can only suggest ideas.
  8. Diordna

Diordna New Member

I made him try both ways, first they both were failing but just naming it update worked finally out of nowhere and got him rooted so we stuck to that path
  9. sharpz

sharpz New Member

problem

Hey guys,

I'm the one who had the problem. We tried for a couple hours tryin to figure out. We first tried to root my phone, and it kept saying something about failing to mount and something else (I forget the exact words on the error now). But then eventually after just playing with it, it eventually went through.

I am running Windows 7, but I tried naming it update.zip and then just "update" and still got the same error. We tried multiple files, and still kept getting the same error.

I can even let someone remote desktop to my computer so they can see the transferring of the files at least, but something was not working right.

If anyone else wants to give it a try send me a PM.
Search tags for this page

update.zip want work