Flashing triangle

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows what it is, I looked through the manual and this icon is not listed. Unlocked my phone just now and there was a grey hollow triangle flashing next to my network connections. So I had my WIFI signal then the flashing triangle then my 3G icon and signal bar. I have tried it a few more times and can't get it to come back just stumped as to what it was. I did root my phone last night and froze a few apps with TiBu but the list is pretty short, I froze...

Amazon Kindle
Books
Guided Tours
IM
IM Presence
Motoactv
MotoPrint
My Verizon
NFL Mobile
Slacker
Social Location
Talk
V Cast Videos
Verizon Video
Video Surf
Vz Naviagtor

If anyone has any insight or suggestions I will take them.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows what it is, I looked through the manual and this icon is not listed. Unlocked my phone just now and there was a grey hollow triangle flashing next to my network connections. So I had my WIFI signal then the flashing triangle then my 3G icon and signal bar. I have tried it a few more times and can't get it to come back just stumped as to what it was. I did root my phone last night and froze a few apps...

I don't think the triangle you mention is related to the root or to apps you have frozen. I have seen that triangle before as well, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. It may have been a notification of some sort of update or some other system notification, but I'm just shooting in the dark. I wouldn't sweat it.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it's what I'm thinking... I usually see that when I need to activate...
next time... Maybe try dialing *228 and use option 1

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
If it's what I'm thinking... I usually see that when I need to activate...
next time... Maybe try dialing *228 and use option 1

Right, I think you're on to something. It now seems that I saw that when the phone had no service.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows what it is, I looked through the manual and this icon is not listed. Unlocked my phone just now and there was a grey hollow triangle flashing next to my network connections. So I had my WIFI signal then the flashing triangle then my 3G icon and signal bar. I have tried it a few more times and can't get it to come back just stumped as to what it was. I did root my phone last night and froze a few apps with TiBu but the list is pretty short, I froze...

Wait, is Talk (i.e. phone) a mandatory app?

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Could it be the smart action I have set to turn off cellular data? It has been fine for a couple weeks now and never saw the triangle until today and have not seen it again.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Could it be the smart action I have set to turn off cellular data? It has been fine for a couple weeks now and never saw the triangle until today and have not seen it again.

Hmm... That sounds like a good possibility to me..

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh well guess I won't worry about it to much and just see if it happens again. My phone functioned fine will it was flashing so I won't read to much into it.