Flashing Themes question..

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok, as you can see from my sig, I am sporting Liberty ROM with Mysterious Beast theme...my question is this..

When swapping themes, and themes only, is it necessary to have to re-set the phone completely back up...all home screens and widgets? Can I do a back-up of my current theme settings, and then swap to a new theme, and if I dont like that theme, can I just "flash" back to the back-up of my other theme and set-up...or do I have to continually be setting the phone up for each theme?

Will the themes just "overlay" over the top of the phone as it is set in one theme?

Sorry to be asking such a simple question...but I have already went through completely setting my phone back up twice...first time when I flashed to Liberty Rom, and then when I installed Mysterious Beast, and I want to figure out an easier way since some of these other themes are just screaming at me to try them out...

Thanks for any help....

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can install themes over themes. You just have to follow the new theme install instructions.

And you can make a nandroid backup of your current ROM and setup if you want. A lot of people do. Im sure if it is a theme made for Liberty you will be fine.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

OP
BodyBagz

BodyBagz

Reaction score
You can install themes over themes. You just have to follow the new theme install instructions.

And you can make a nandroid backup of your current ROM and setup if you want. A lot of people do. Im sure if it is a theme made for Liberty you will be fine.

Ok, I understand I can theme over the top of another theme...my real concern is whether or not I will have to go back through and reset the homescreens, launcher and all widgets back up...or will the new theme just do its thing and leave my set-up as is...

Does that make sense?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the theme will leave all your icons and widgets on your homescreens alone.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I believe it just themes what you have setup. Its been a long time since I've themed. I don't have to with this ROM.

I would hate to steer you wrong.