1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MarkDriod, Apr 13, 2010.

1. MarkDriod

MarkDriod New Member

2. txskeets

txskeets New Member

I did this tonight and indeed it does work perfectly. I'm now running stock 2.1 rooted!

As for the run as administrator, just right click on the RDS Lite shortcut, go to properties, click on the compatibility tab and check Run as administrator and you should be fine.
  3. MarkDriod

MarkDriod New Member

I tried not find on right click run as administrator still no luck for me [​IMG]

I installed RSD Lite v4.6 and I running window vista
  4. txskeets

txskeets New Member

Right click, go to PROPERTIES and then click on the COMPATIBILITY tab, you should see the option then.
  5. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I am running Vista 64 also. When I right click the RSD Lite Icon (desktop short cut or programs list icon) there is no compatibility tab. Sorry to break the news to you all.

If you are logged into an account with administrator privliges it would seem to be a moot point to try and run it as administrator since you already are administrator. Vista will prompt you if you have user account controls active though and you can just answer the prompts. I turned UAC off a long time ago so I can't remmeber what the prompts are. Sorry.

Nate
  6. txskeets

txskeets New Member

My bad, I'm running Windows 7 and have that option, thought it was also available in Vista. Nate is right though, if your already an administrator of your machine, then it should not make any difference.
  7. MarkDriod

MarkDriod New Member

ok alright I will check on my mom computer later and she running Window 7 with ACER "22" touchscreen I hope if work on her computer!:)
  8. budmonster

budmonster Guest

what is the difference between this method and the one i did? are their different versions of ese81 or something?

i was on petes bb 2.1 and wanted to start fresh. i unrooted back to stock 2.0.1, rooted again using the update zip, then flashed 2.1 ESE81 from rom manager (im assuming this ese81 was from pete) and finally flashed CM 5.0.5.7 using rom manager.

I know my was tedious, but i wanted to start clean... But are there any beniefits if i "flash sprecovery sbf to stock 2.1"? Or is the way i did it fine?
  9. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I dunno...did you get what you wanted? If so, you did it the right way. If not, you may want to try the other way.

I was running 2.1 ESE53 and used SBRecovery to go back to 2.0.1 stock. Then went OTA 2.1 from Vz. It worked too.

I have used RSD Lite to reflash back to stock. That worked.

Like anything in computers...there is always more than one way to skin the cat.

Nate (who really doesn't like cats anyway)
  10. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Hey guys... I just got superuser access on my new stock OTA 2.1 Droid, without having to downgrade to 2.0.1! Here's the guide I followed (credit to whoever wrote this), which is quite complete even if you are a noob at everything. Guide contains all links you need. Some notes/snags I encountered will follow:

Notes:

• RSDLite failed to flash for me on my Win7 laptop (and yes it was run as admin). Rather than trying too hard to figure out why, I tried it on my XPSP3 desktop and it worked fine.
    • The guide links to Motorola 4.2.0 drivers. I already had 4.5.0 drivers installed which worked fine
    • If installing the SDK for the first time, refer to the installation instructions link to add the TOOLS path to your environment variables path, so you can run the ADB command from anywhere without having to worry about where it is
    • Copy the su and superuser.apk files to a short path without any spaces in the folder names such as "c:\ESE81_su", and run the adb commands from there. Otherwise command may hang and never work. When it does work it happens instantly.
    • Make sure you install "Android Terminal Emulator" not the one just called "Terminal Emulator"

Success! Essentially, you can now root stock 2.1 without downgrading. This is what I was waiting for! You won't lose or need to reinstall anything at all. Kick ass.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  11. BPB

BPB New Member

Works as advertised

I second this; works as advertised! I didn't have any problems on Windows 7 Pro x64. I set the actual RDSLite.exe to run as "administrator" (right-click on the .exe file and under "Compatibility" check "run as administrator") and had no problem flashing. Also, unlike the guide says I did let the process go to 100% (no hang at 26% as mentioned in the guide) and I used the 4.2.0 x64 drivers. But, this is great! Nice to have the SPRecovery and the wifi tether enabled again with 2.1!
  12. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    For those running VISTA, how did you get RSD Lite to run. I kept coming up with error messages. I could not get it to run. I am changing computers tonight and trying again but am really curious.
  13. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

A couple of thing I think that very easy to follow guide left out:

U might have to update the SDK. I dont know if its the drivers or everything, but update it.

Edit: I just read the notes under the guide....doh! lol

I wish I saw this guide a few days ago. The original guide didnt explain or put the adb commands up good. The person assumed anyone reading already knew how to use adb. This is a better guide .
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  14. tntrucknut

tntrucknut New Member

Awesome

I just followed the guide and everything works perfect. Some issues I worked through, just for the ones scared to tackle this, like I was.

1. PC is a Win7 laptop.
    2. Installed 64-bit USB Moto Drivers
    3. Downloaded and installed JDK
    4. Followed guide on page one LINE BY LINE

The adb command resulted in starting dameon. Nothing happened. I closed my command window and re-opened it. Proceeded to try the commands again and they transfered. Unmounted and rebooted. Heres where I got scared. When the phone rebooted, it hung on the red boot animation. Then went blank. Made some notification sounds, buttons at the bottom of the screen lit up, then went off. Screen was just black for about a minute. I just knew is was bricked. As I was searching for "how to unbrick", it rebooted itself, and low and behold, root access!
  15. stillz

stillz New Member

I'm a newb... and this thing worked like a charm!!!!!!!!
  16. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

I have experienced only one minor setback so far, and that was that I couldnt get the wifi tether program to work. When I started it, it told me there was an error (kernel doesn't support something) and to check the log. The one error in the log was that it could not set up DNS rules. I tried it anyway... the adhoc connection was made but I could not get internet access.

Not a huge deal though, because I have set up PDANet for Android, which does work fine anyway, should I ever need to tether.
  17. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^ Would installing a different kernel solve the problem?
  18. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

More than likely yes. There is also an app on the market called "barnacle" that can tether regardless of kernel, as long as you are rooted. Heard pretty good things about it, never used it myself.
  19. Kmart95

Kmart95 New Member

Finally got around to doing this last night and it worked perfectly with no issues whatsoever. Now im running Jrummy's rom with root!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  20. Kmart95

Kmart95 New Member

Im not sure if you still need help but i had the same problem with vista. what i had to do was go to computer then local disk, then program files then motorola then RSD lite then right click on SDL.exe and slect run as administrator and it will open rsd as administrator.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
Search tags for this page
defy black screen after flash sbf
droid x android 2.1 .sbf download
flashing sprecovery sbf to stock 2.2
rsd to push sprecovery
sbf droid stock zip file download
sprecovery droid
sprecovery ese81
sprecovery ese81 .sbf

sprecovery sbf