1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

flashing sbf file crashed my laptop PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by crowbar, Apr 3, 2011.

1. crowbar

crowbar New Member

So I flashed sbf to unbrick my droid2. It worked, which is cool. However as soon as my phone rebooted my laptop crashed. Not my laptop actually, I was borrowing it. So that's even less cool. Any ideas? This happen to anyone else? Laptop is toshiba satellite if that helps. Please assist me!
  2. rudydroid

rudydroid New Member

seems odd, but can't you just restart the laptop?
    I sbf'd my dx using an acer laptop running vista home basic last week with no computer problem.

rooted, on liberty 2.0
  3. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Yea, ive sbf'd multiple times without any problems also. it's probably something that was downloaded some other time not playing nice.
  4. crowbar

crowbar New Member

Yeah, I checked in the forums for similar problems from other users and came up empty. No idea what happened. The timing was exactly that when my phone rebooted the laptop went down. Phone was still connected at the time. The laptop screen went out first, but it the rest went out bout a minute after. The timing is beyond suspicious. Its the first time I successfully flashed my phone, so I don't have a basis of comparrisson either. Laptop is dead though.
  5. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Maybe the battery died at that exact time? idk whats up with that, never heard of anything like that happening....
  6. crowbar

crowbar New Member

Doubtfull, it was plugged in charging at the time. Seems like a fluke. The fluke that kills your borrowed laptop always sucks though...
  7. swizzcheez

swizzcheez New Member

IF you can get it to boot press F4 while it's loading to go into "SAFE MODE". Then you might be able to do a system restore to the day prior to it happening. Doubt the 2 issues are connected. But GL
  8. calichris209

calichris209 New Member

That's odd because I sbf my dx with a dell vista basic. No problems

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums