Flashing new/updated ROM

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by 69Rixter, Jul 17, 2018.

1. 69Rixter

69Rixter Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Current Phone Model:
    SHW-M110S
    This will be my first time flashing a ROM to a phone. Pretty sure I can do it as long as directions are thorough and device specific. However, first I need to remedy some issues with current corrupted ROM. When I finally get into/open the phone, every screen has a pop-up "Unfortunatelly, the process android.process acore has stopped." I beleive this has to be corrected before I can D/L anything. Right now, can't get wi-fi to open even though I'm connected. Should state: I believe the current ROM (BLU_D535U_V03_GENERIC) was not properly installed and therefore corrupt. Now, is there a way I can use a PC to do the install...for I'm not sure of the phone's abilities.? I do have a SD card for the phone but until I can remedy the wi-fi issue, the card is irrelevant. So, looking for those who've got experience flashing ROM's and also a good bit of savvy concerning this phone [BLU Studio 5.0C HD] and rendering it usuable. There are other "issues" with the phone, but it is my belief that should I flash another, upgraded ROM from manufacturer (probably this: BLU User Manuals) then all should be well(???) Looking for help 'cause I'd like to get this phone back into usuable condition. THNX

Appreciated:
    Rick

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,509
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    Years ago we had a large group of users that were heavy into romming, rooting, and all the custom Android software type of stuff. As you may have noticed that has tapered off around here lately; there are very few of those users left and very few discussions about custom ROM's, rooting, etc. And your phone is not a very common model, at least not discussed here very often (if ever). Hopefully someone can offer some advice and help you get things running again. Good luck!

3. 69Rixter

69Rixter Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Current Phone Model:
    SHW-M110S
    Thanks Sajo:

Yes, I too am hoping someone here can lend a helping hand! Oh, I've known this phone is a dinosaur, compared to what most of the folks are using these days. I'm just not a fan of Apple, Microsoft, or any of the outrageously priced phones on the market these days. Give me simple, useable and working...that's all I care about.

4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,509
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    I wonder if you can just get it to a point where you can factory reset it using the built in factory reset option and then see how it runs on the original stock OS version?

5. CJM

CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
    @69Rixter If you flash a new system then you should be good. The only issue is, if you haven't enabled any backups for things like contacts, photos, etc then that data may be gone forever

Do you have a computer? Also, can this update be downloaded to a computer?
    If both answers are Yes, then there is hope. We can use either ADB or, more than likely, Fastboot to install the newest update. That would be another option & the one I use for my phones

• Like Like x 1
  6. 69Rixter

69Rixter Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Current Phone Model:
    SHW-M110S
    Sajo:

Oh, yes...finally I've made it into the phones system. After many attempts at just what you suggested, it finally came out of bootloop. So, now, I think it's time to flash an "update" for the O.S. I'm relatively certain the O.S. on the phone now, is corrupted...thus all the trouble I had with it. And now that I'm back into the phone's system, it still has plenty of "bugs" I can't seem to fix. So, I've located the O.S. Blu says is for my phone and I have to D/l a program called "SPFlash" for Blu/Android. Once I get that program and figure out how it works, I hope that will solve all the phones dilema's.

7. 69Rixter

69Rixter Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Current Phone Model:
    SHW-M110S
    CJM:

Oh, yes, have a comp. And, most assuredly, I believe I must use the comp to install the O.S. as I don't trust the phone to do it. I have heard of Fastboot, but am not familiar with it's operation. I was advised to use SPFlash for Blu/Android.you heard of/know that program? I need to D/l that program and familiarize myself. This will be my first attempt at flashing a phone and although I feel I can do it, I just want to read through and understand it all before I try to perform the flash. Now, with that said, and with your experience, what would you recommend for a rookie as myself?
    Thanx For Responding!