Flashing New Recovery Help

g_what

Reaction score
I am trying to flash the new clockwork touch recovery on my GNex. I put the .img file in the platform-tools folder (where my adb.exe is located). I open a command window from there. Run "adb devices" to make sure my GNex shows up (it does). Run "adb reboot bootloader" works fine to get me to the bootloader. Run "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.0.5-toro.img" and it gets stuck here and the command window just says "<waiting for device>" and does not progress. Any ideas for a fix?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unplug your phone and reboot to bootloader. After reconnecting type in:

fastboot devices

Does your phone show up? If not, and you are greeted with waiting for device, it sounds like a driver problem.

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
Plug in my phone after I'm already in the bootloader?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plug in my phone after I'm already in the bootloader?

Yes. If you connect before you are in the bootloader then it will either charge (if booted to the OS) or boot to charge only mode (if off). Or you can boot into the OS and adb reboot bootloader. Whichever. Just need to reset the connection on the bootloader. I'm on Linux and sometimes mine does that and just needs to be reconnected.

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
Disregard previous... My phone does NOT show up. How do I go about fixing my drivers?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Assuming you're on Windows 7/Vista (and you'll have to excuse these hazy directions since I don't use Windows anymore) then you need to go to Windows icon on the bottom left and type "Device Manager" in the run box. When Device Manager shows up you need to right click and run as administrator. You then need to look for (I think) USB devices and expand the tree. If you see a yellow icon next to your Android 1.0 driver, just update it. If you don't see it at all, then you'll have to re-install the driver.

Last edited:
OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
K. Thanks for your help. I'll post again shortly with an update on whether or not I get it working.

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
Ugh... "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date". No yellow icon. Wont let me update.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ugh... "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date". No yellow icon. Wont let me update.

But you do see the Android 1.0 driver, correct? If so, I'd suggest removing it and the Samsung USB driver and re-do the installation of the drivers. Also, where did you get your drivers from? What guide are you following?

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, I used the drivers from the android-sdk (when I got my GNex in December).

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
Worked! Thank you for your help!