Flashing New Kernel Loses Compcache

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by AugustStorm, Aug 18, 2011.

1. AugustStorm

AugustStorm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running the themed V6.5 Final. Right after I flashed the ROM, I flashed the CorCors 1.0 GHZ SV Kernel and everything was working ok. I was able to get CompCache working. I was interested in trying a different Kernel to see if I get better performance and battery life. As soon as I did I wasn't able to get the CompCache to initialize. Free shows swap as all zeros. I flashed back to the original Kernel and it still will not setup any CompCache.

The one thing I didn't do before flashing the kernel was to turn off CompCache. I am wondering if that would have worked? Also do others have this issue? And is there a step I could do to get the compcache to work again?

Thanks.

2. ethanhunt123

ethanhunt123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    restore from the backup you made before flashing the new kernel?

3. AugustStorm

AugustStorm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the response. While that does restore the functionality it doesn't solve the underlying issue in that I am unable to try any new kernels unless I reflash the entire ROM and then immediately flash a kernel. I am wondering if there are some steps I would have to perform prior to flashing a new kernel so I can retain the functionality.