Flashing MAPS notification?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So everytime I use the navigation, which is a lot, when I pull down the notification bar, instead of the little summary and option to exit my Note 3 had, this just flashes on/off the latitude/longitude of my location and I have to time when to press it to open maps via notification bar. I don't think it did this when I first got it and have no idea what may have caused it. Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yep, this has been an ongoing issue for a few weeks now. I gave it some time in case another update came and fixed it but nothing so far.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If this didn't happen in the previous version, you should be able to Uninstall updates in settings/apps.

Do you choose to dim the screen between turns? Just a thought, I had trouble using that

Tapped from a Nexus 6

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Interesting, I did recently choose to start dimming the screen between turns (mostly by accident), but I think this may have started before that. I think.

But I'm going to uninstall all updates and turn that off and let's see what happens. Great suggestions, thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Dimming between turns only occurs when on battery power as far as I understand. Is your problem happening while you're on or off the charger? Might not hurt to try it both ways and see if that makes any difference.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Off the charger. I know logically it doesn't make sense, but CJM mentioned it's caused problems for him so I figured why not, not like I need to save battery on this phone anyways. I hit it by accident, and even though it'll ask you 100 times after saying no if you want to turn it on, when you finally say yes it never asks again if you want to turn it off...

But I'll be using it today so we'll see what happens

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Unfortunately none of the above solutions helped. Very odd! I have no idea what could even cause this, I really don't have that many apps on my phone. Is there a way to tell apps that use the same permissions or might alter the same coding Maps uses if updated?

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Update: The problem seems to have fixed itself. Once again, I'm pretty much positive it was some kind of conflict caused by an update, whether from Maps or another app we'll never know.

Thus is the folly of Android.