flashing green light?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by SDiener72, Nov 6, 2009.

1. SDiener72

SDiener72 New Member

is there a place to customise or turn off that green flashing light?

i assuem its to notify of new evens.
  2. ahampton2k

ahampton2k New Member

Dont look like it from what I can tell. Might be an app out there though that will let you change the colors similar to the one for BlackBerrys.

Good luck
  3. xliderider

xliderider New Member

Yes, flashing green LED is for new events like email.
  4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned New Member

There is an app for that. :)

Missed Call

It looks like it will let you customize the light for different events.
  5. aton

aton New Member

I am having the same problem and the missed call app is not for email notifications. i have the dock sitting on my night stand and when i get an email while I am sleeping, the green light blinking lights the room as it blinks on and off. this wakes me up so I need to turn it off. Any ideas?
  6. darreno1

darreno1 New Member

Quick fix. Just put a piece of black electrical tape over the light at night when you're about to go to sleep. I'm glad I'm a heavy sleeper. They'd have to turn on stadium lights to wake me up :).
  7. samredman

samredman New Member

I used a small bit of black electrical tape ... no more flashing green in the night. It's a solution I also used for my new lenovo laptop which arrived with four (count 'em) flashing lights, which are annoying as heck while I'm working. Bits of black tape.. no longer a problem. Who needs all those signals? It reminds me of those movies in the 60's showing what movie makers thought computers looked like.
  8. katie1244

katie1244 New Member

droid-how to stop the green light from blinking for emails

i finally figured out how to stop the light from blinking every time I got an email....the instructions at https://motorola-global-portal.cust...detail/a_id/39834/related/1/p_country_code/US

If you would like to change your sync frequency, notifications, or your password follow the steps below:

1. From the Home Screen, Press Menu
    2. Touch Accounts & sync
    3. Touch the email account your wish to edit
    4. Touch Account Settings
    or

1. From the applications menu, touch Email
    2. Press Menu
    3. Touch Account Settings
      • Touch Account name to change the name that is displayed
      • Touch Your name to change the name that appears on outgoing messages
      • Touch Email check frequency to change the frequency that emails is pulled to the device
      • Touch Default Account to send email from this account by default. Note: If you do not have this selected you messages will be sent using a different change the period of time used to pull emails
      • Touch Email Notifications to turn on (Checked) or turn off (Unchecked) notifications appearing in the status bar.
      • Touch Select ringtone to change the tone for this account
      • Touch Vibrate to enable vibration when an email arrives
      • Touch Incoming settings to change your domain, username, password, exchange server, or SSL preferences.
      • Touch Sync contacts to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) synching contacts from this account
  9. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

This. It lets you customize the light for calls, texts, and emails. Can even disable it if you like, which sounds like what you're looking for. You need to disable the stock notifications for Missed Call to work.
  10. les0854

les0854 New Member

How do you tun on the LED for notifications?

I downloaded an app to change the color when I had a missed call. Now when I get an email the led doesn't blink. I uninstalled the app but it still doesn't work. Email notification is selected. Any clue what happened?

TIA

Les...
  11. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

When my phone is in the dock, and I have two of them, the green light does not flash. I am running Froyo 2.2 though so if you're running stock that could be why. I thought it use to blink in the dock before.

Not putting a knock on you aton but you must be pretty light sensitive if that little green blinking light is bugging you. I use to leave it on the bright setting when I slept.

Also with Froyo 2.2 the screen goes dark when sleeping except for the clock and the clock moves to prevent screen burn in.
  12. thelion

thelion New Member

Seriously. How have you guys made it to adulthood? You are some light sleepers... :)
  13. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

There's an app called blink that says it will but for me it just notified me for new emails so i just went in the email app and just turned notifications off in settings
  14. Hehena

Hehena New Member

Flashing Green Light on the Droidx

The fastest way to get answers to questions like this is to call Tech Support. Try 800-922-0204.
  15. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

Ha. I'd give good odds that in most cases, getting answers on Droidforums is faster than tech support. dancedroid
  16. Hehena

Hehena New Member

Just last night I was on the phone with Tech Support for over an hour. I had no wait time, which I will admit is unusually lucky. The Tech was very patient with me, answering a very long list of questions I had about the Droid. I first went through my phone extensively, writing down questions as they came up. When I called, I told the Tech that I have many questions. We went through the questions which brought up even more questions from time to time. If he did not know an answer, he put me on hold and called another tech. I was never on hold more than 30 seconds. I am now very knowledgeable about the Droid. Today I called Tech support to find out the differences between the Droid and the IPhone. I now have that information also.

I stand with my own experience with Verizon Techs, if you need an immediate answer, call Verizon Tech support. If you want help with Apps for the Droid, get on these forums for the experience of all the users. :) dancedroid

As for the Flashing Green Light, it is for "notifications." If you have Text notifications, email notifications, voicemail notifications, missed call etc, Checked in their specific checkboxes, the green light will flash with any new message. If you put your finger on the bar just below it and lightly drag it downward, it will list the new notifications for you. Once you view that, the GREEN LIGHT will stop flashing until the next time you get a notification. If you do not want the GREEN LIGHT to flash, you need to go to each notification and UNcheck the box. For example, tap MESSAGING. Press the button on the bottom left to bring up it's menu. From there, tap MESSAGING SETTINGS. Choose say, Text Messaging. Scroll to NOTIFICATIONS and uncheck the box. You will no longer get the GREEN LIGHT for New Text Messages. Do this for each type of messaging you have turned on and your GREEN LIGHT will stop flashing altogether. If you have difficulty, call Verizon Tech support. :) dancedroid
  17. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

How do you guys wake up from something such as the LED light? I barely even notice mine when it blinks green and I have a baby sleeping about 4 feet from me and I only wake up if he's been screaming for atleast a minute. I'm so glad I'm not a light sleeper like some of you :)
  18. tonydelite

tonydelite New Member

No kidding... I think somebody could walk in my bedroom, rip my Droid off my dock, and then throw it at my face and I still wouldn't wake up. Oh well.
  19. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Member

Holy necro post!
  20. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

Your experience is your own, but I'd put the collective knowledge base represtented on this forum up against random VZW tech support any day. Especially for simple functionality questions like the one described in this thread.
Search tags for this page
droid blinking green light
droid green light
droid mini green message light

droid x blinking green light doesn't turn off

flashing green on droid x
how do you get the green light to flash on a droid phone

how to change the green light on my droid

how to get rid of the green light at the top left of my droid ultra phone
motorola droid flashing green light
motorola flashing green light
motorola got wet, blinking green light