Flashing damage?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Tallica, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

First let me say I absolutely love this fourum. Pretty much everything i've learned about Android i've learned here. Also I love trying out different Roms and can't seem to stay with anything for too long because the devs are so unbelieveable at putting out their newest stuff so quickly.

My question is does anyone know if all the flashing of Roms and other tweaks, themes, kernals etc. either by update.zip or nandroid method do any damage to the phone/hardware?

I hope not because like I said i'm a self proclaimed "flashaholic"
  2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

there really hasnt been any proof that flashing roms and kernels and themes etc has caused any damage to the phone or hardware. the worst that can could happen is you brick your phone and have to flash the 2.01 sbf. but thats about it.
  3. weems

weems New Member

I have no proof, but I had BB v 0.9 and Chevy's 1.25ghz 5 slot kernal installed when the internal that charges the phone died. The phone died(battery drained) and when I plugged it in, it wouldn't charge, but the white LED would light up. VZW gave me a new one(within the 6 month period) and they didn't know it was rooted(phone was dead). That being said, I will still root my new phone :).

Good Luck. I don't want to deter you from rooting, just want to inform you of my happenings. Like said earlier, i have no "proof" that is why it messed up, but that is what i was running when it happened. I "THINK" it had something to do with it... O well.
  4. chesa319

chesa319 New Member

I had rooted my phone and the next day I started having problems with my phone so I unrooted it and things are back to normal. It may have just beem my phone but, it was freezing a lot and force closing everything.
Search tags for this page
can flashing a phone damage it?
can flashing damage your phone
damage after flashing phone
does flashing a phone damage it
does flashing a phone damage the phone ?
does flashing a phone hurt
does flashing hurt your phone
flash roms damage phone
flashings damage
phone blinking flash damage

will flashing a phone damage it

will flashing a phone damage the phone