Flashing a new ROM, is it worth it?

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
So I've been wanting android 4.2.2 on my phone and I know its possible to do by flashing a new ROM on the phone. But I've never done it before and I don't want to brick my phone and have nothing after that. The ROM I've been looking at is cyanogen mod 10 and it looks like stock android 4.2.2 with improvements and such. The reason I want to flash a new ROM is because my phone has become extremely sluggish even with greenify and seeder. I also don't like all the bloat on my phone either since I don't use any of it. So I'm just wondering if its worth trying to flash a new ROM onto my phone and how good is cyanogen mod.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I don't have your phone but from past experience on all my phones CM is solid across many devices...I'm sure someone will come in and share their Maxx experience with this ROM.
The great thing about being rooted you can always take the proper steps to try a new ROM and if you don't like it restore a backup..What are you running now? stock rooted? Version?

OP
bl8demast3r

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
I don't have your phone but from past experience on all my phones CM is solid across many devices...I'm sure someone will come in and share their Maxx experience with this ROM.
The great thing about being rooted you can always take the proper steps to try a new ROM and if you don't like it restore a backup..What are you running now? stock rooted? Version?

I'm running a really weird root on stock jelly bean. When rooting the phone you have to turn on smartactions battery saver, I'm not sure if this is still a true root since it was for the xmas leak and I have the OTA. Since I couldn't wait for another root to come out because I used a script to put my music on my sd card from Google Play Music. So I just used the xmas leak root without knowing it was the xmas leak and it works for granting programs root access but it feels like supersu stops letting them have root access after a while.

Last edited:
OP
bl8demast3r

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
So I went ahead and flashed the new ROM and I absolutely love it! So far its been amazing to use I don't think i'll ever go back. I love the stock Android 4.2.2 feel with more customization options, i've had it for a few hours now and its just awesome and fast. I love the new equalizer it actually puts bass into my songs, since I listen to music almost everyday this is a wonderful thing! So far I definitely recommend for anyone else to flash cyanogenmod if you're on the fence about it. Its really easy to do just follow the instructions and watch some YouTube videos for how to do it, if you don't like it then you can always switch back to the stock rom.

sene1983

Reaction score
So I went ahead and flashed the new ROM and I absolutely love it! So far its been amazing to use I don't think i'll ever go back. I love the stock Android 4.2.2 feel with more customization options, i've had it for a few hours now and its just awesome and fast. I love the new equalizer it actually puts bass into my songs, since I listen to music almost everyday this is a wonderful thing! So far I definitely recommend for anyone else to flash cyanogenmod if you're on the fence about it. Its really easy to do just follow the instructions and watch some YouTube videos for how to do it, if you don't like it then you can always switch back to the stock rom.

Hi

Could u help, how did u do that? Which videos u watched? Which articles you did read?

GotnFX

Reaction score
Hi

Could u help, how did u do that? Which videos u watched? Which articles you did read?

If you have a RAZR go to Droid RAZR Hacks "Stickies". There is a utility in there. If you want a video, YouTube has a ton of videos of rooting and installing ROMs. Most ROMs use Safe Strap. Again, look it up in YouTube. It will give you a step by step process of what to do.