Flashed Droid X with Droid 2 LGB 0.8. Need Help

MagusG

Reaction score
I'm not gonna tell the full story, because it's long and boring. Lets just say the only difference between the LGB .8 D2 file and the DX file is a 2 and an X, and, you know, the fact that they are downloaded on two completely different pages in these forums, also it was like 5 am and I was tired(excuses, I know). Anyways, it happened, and I didn't realize it right away and went about restoring a bunch of **** and customizing things, only to realize auto-rotate wasn't working, I'm like: whatever, I'll fix it in the morning. So I get up, do some searching, no one else has this issue, then I look on my PC desktop, and I do some TV-esque/rage comic blocky tiered focus thing on the 2 in the file name and face palm. I check the root directory of my DX SD card, sure enough, it was the D2 version. Wow, I said no story, but damned if I didn't.

So here's my question, is there a way to remedy this, that doesn't involve me wiping all my caches, flashing the DX version and going through setup/customization/restore process all over again? If so, please tell me, cause at about 8pm EST, that what Ima start doing.

In any case, if anyone ever wondered how a DX might behave in this situation, it runs fairly well. I was able to call and text and BT pair, browse, voice search/dial, and even o/c just fine. Just no auto rotate.

So, who's got good news for me?

Finally. FIRST POST. I want a cookie or something.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I would say your out of luck, I think a wipe is going to be needed since in essance your flashing a whole rom again and not just a patch or a theme. I would use titanium to backup all your apps and go from there.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

MagusG

Reaction score
Well, I'm restoring backups right now, all more painless than I had imagined. However, if anyone had a bad day and feels the need to berate someone for being dumb, feel free to use me as a punching bag, I can take it. Also, check the tags. Cheers.

Dullawolf

Reaction score
dude, just use the liberty customizer and install the adw launcher. You can have the adw launcher set up to auto rotate. Then you can add different theme.