Flashable 15p baseband available

Savagerun

Reaction score
Thx goes to ky41083 for extracting the 15p baseband from the .621 update and thx to goose for his work at making it available to us. Here's the baseband link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45928747/1.09.15P_baseband_updater.zip as always a baseband can only be flashed on the froyo kernel then you can use the 1kds 602/605iso to sbf to gingerbread.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
Awesome to see that they finally got this working, have you flashed it yet Savage?

OP
Savagerun

Savagerun

Reaction score
Yes i volunteered to try it out last night and it installed perfectly. I've been at home where my reception is normally very good so i can't really tell yet how much it helped but others have reported very positive comments of better reception. Im on aokp w/15p which is kinda cool, im glad they were able to extract it.

leftspin

Reaction score
Yes i volunteered to try it out last night and it installed perfectly. I've been at home where my reception is normally very good so i can't really tell yet how much it helped but others have reported very positive comments of better reception. Im on aokp w/15p which is kinda cool, im glad they were able to extract it.

Nice, I get crap reception at my house so I'll have to flash this and see if it helps. Thanks for sharing.

Just out of curiosity, what's the reason that this has to be flashed on the Froyo kernel?

OP
Savagerun

Savagerun

Reaction score
All our basebands can only be flashed on froyo and why that is im not sure. Here's a link to the basebands http://rootzwiki.com/topic/2834-radios-all-baseband-updaters/ the 15p hasn't been added to the list yet but you'll notice the instructions about only being flashable on froyo. Once you install the baseband don't use rsdlite or the 2 part prerooted tbh files to go back to GB or it will revert your baseband back to 13p (which you may already know) use the 602 or 605iso to go back.

leftspin

Reaction score
I actually don't know anything about flashing radios because I've never had to do it. I didn't update to .13P until I upgraded to the .602 kernel. If I use sbf_flash (I'm a Linux user, never tried RSD or the AIO zips) will it revert my radio?

OP
Savagerun

Savagerun

Reaction score
No you should be fine using the sbf_flash. The only things that will change your baseband is what i mentioned and obviously taking the OTA. Once your on froyo just root with z4 then install the bootstrap app ( i used droidx bootstrap) and flash the 15p zip, no wipes needed. Once it's done go in your settings to verify that you have 15p then go back to GB.

leftspin

Reaction score
No you should be fine using the sbf_flash. The only things that will change your baseband is what i mentioned and obviously taking the OTA. Once your on froyo just root with z4 then install the bootstrap app ( i used droidx bootstrap) and flash the 15p zip, no wipes needed. Once it's done go in your settings to verify that you have 15p then go back to GB.

You're the man, thanks for the walkthrough

OP
Savagerun

Savagerun

Reaction score
No problem at all. Good luck bro...
Edit... oh and after you flash the baseband you'll need to reactivate. You know the *228 option 1 thing.

Last edited:
OP
Savagerun

Savagerun

Reaction score
I gotta say i was able to test the new radio today in a area i normally get very bad reception and it was definitely a big improvement .

leftspin

Reaction score
It's a huge improvement, around my house I used to get maybe one or two bars and 1X if I went by the window. After flashing this I'm getting three or four bars and 3G everywhere in the house.

OP
Savagerun

Savagerun

Reaction score
It's a huge improvement, around my house I used to get maybe one or two bars and 1X if I went by the window. After flashing this I'm getting three or four bars and 3G everywhere in the house.

That's awesome. Takes a little bit of work going back and forth for a flash that takes 30 seconds but it's actually not too bad and definitely worth the results.

leftspin

Reaction score
That's awesome. Takes a little bit of work going back and forth for a flash that takes 30 seconds but it's actually not too bad and definitely worth the results.

Yeah it would be nice to be able to flash it on Gummy but I thought it was kinda cool going to Froyo and messing around with that, and then Gingerbread and then ICS. Android really has come a long way.