flash to run automatically?

tallyrc

Reaction score
i searched but to no avail.. can someone tell me how to get flash applications to run automatically rather than to have to push the little green arrow that i normally get? one of the great uses for flash ot to stream a few radio stations i like, but it is distraction to have to monitor the phone while driving on I-95... thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What little green arrow are you talking about. Just go to our apps area, fine the Flash thread, download it now and you will be good to go.

You must be using the Skyfire Browser. This is totally different, you can get rid of that browser if you want and use either stock or Dolphin HD. That browser had a little Flash built into it.

OP
T

tallyrc

Reaction score
it does it with both the stock browser and dolphin hd.. when i go to a site like my radio station, click listen live, it loads the page then a big grey area with an arrow in the middle of it. if i touch the grey area, it begins to load the flash plugin...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
browser settings > enable plugins > always on

...but your phone is gonna slow down with all the ads

EbE404

Reaction score
browser settings > enable plugins > always on

...but your phone is gonna slow down with all the ads

+1

It's certainly your preference, but your current setting eliminates wasted time, bandwidth and annoyances from downloading and displaying all of those extraneous Flash objects.

OP
T

tallyrc

Reaction score
thanks guys, that's the ticket.. i'd rather toggle that setting on and off before getting on the road than having to monitor the phone as i change stations on I95 cause if i dont click it soon enough it actually times out and goes into lock mode and then i have to start over.. i commute an hour at 80mph in south florida so i need all the attention i can pay for the road.. great help guys thanks again..

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think I would find an app or radio station that does not use the proprietary Flash wrapper. That sucks dude straight up.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I would find an app or radio station that does not use the proprietary Flash wrapper. That sucks dude straight up.

I use this site with cherry rplayer: The Mobile Stream Center USA - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, iPhone, iPod touch, Smartphone, or other PDA or mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G

Unfortunately, some radio stations require flash. I hope someone makes a browser that can stream flash content while allowing you to do other stuff on your phone.