Flash/root or wait

krnmc

Reaction score
Should I root and Flash Dj05?

or should i wait till the official one to be released....

What do you guys think?

WillisD

Reaction score
I would do plenty of reading before you do. Be familiar with the programs, follow instructions to a T.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

joe3681

Reaction score
I flashed to dj05, MUCH faster. Word is that there WONT be an "official" dj05 update.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

joe3681

Reaction score
Well that's what the word around xda has been. They supposedly pulled the planned dj05 update due to bugs/issues. Who knows how true that is though. I honestly wouldn't count on an update before Froyo. They have to know how bad people are wanting it!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Last I hear the Fascinate wasn't going to get a FroYo update at all. With Gingerbread dropping so soon what I've been hearing (albeit I don't know someone "inside" Samsung, I'm just adding up all the rumors I've been told) they're going to skip 2.2 and go straight to 2.3 for the Fascinated among us.

Just remember, this is a rumor.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You know, I was just saying to myself earlier that GB would probably be out before FY hit the Fascinate! The rumor would certainly make sense on Samsung's part!

Last I hear the Fascinate wasn't going to get a FroYo update at all. With Gingerbread dropping so soon what I've been hearing (albeit I don't know someone "inside" Samsung, I'm just adding up all the rumors I've been told) they're going to skip 2.2 and go straight to 2.3 for the Fascinated among us.

Just remember, this is a rumor.

DroidForums junkie!!

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
No, they will not skip anything. Samsung has already said that to a website concerning the 2.2 update, which the Fascinate will be getting. As of now, they said its expected to be released before end of December. Thats what I read, forgot where though, so could be hard to believe me with no proof I suppose.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll agree with that. Honestly, I don't count anything out when it comes to Android and have developed a "time will tell" mentality. :)

No, they will not skip anything. Samsung has already said that to a website concerning the 2.2 update, which the Fascinate will be getting. As of now, they said its expected to be released before end of December. Thats what I read, forgot where though, so could be hard to believe me with no proof I suppose.

DroidForums junkie!!

Jamis0n

Reaction score
In my previous post, I would not be surprised if in general we be the second issue of gingerbread as Samsung being a Co developer within the NS.

8pened!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That article just put a lot of pressure on Samsung to get Gingerbread out now now now!, so I think that with their last update being pulled due to bugs they may just shelve FroYo and work on Gingerbread exclusively. It doesn't make much sense to do much else.

Be one MOTHER of an upgrade for you Sammy fans. :)