Flash player, rootingg??

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
What exactly is nandroid backup and clockwork??

sent from my facinating facinate!
ClockworkMod Recovery is a custom recovery that in essence replaces the stock recovery...it allows you to make backups, flash roms, flash zip files etc....
Nandroid backup is the term used for a Rom backup you make in clockworkmod recovery...it backs up your entire system, data, etc....it allows you to rollback to your backup if something goes wrong or you dont like the Rom your trying out etc...

So...learn how to root your phone... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...-rooting-fascinate-regardless-os-version.html
learn how to use ODIN to flash clockworkmod recovery then make a nandroid backup...
Clockworkmod installation how to for windows / *nix - xda-developers
download the needed files to get you back to stock DL01,DJ05 or DL09 with ODIN in case you mess something up
Odin Restore files to get you to stock - xda-developers

I suggest using titanium backup to backup all your apps once rooted....there is a free version in the market...

research the Rom you wanna run and how its installed...good luck

If you have questions just ask here on Droidforums or over on XDA

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Soooo clockwork restores your data andd nandroid backup restores your ROM and ODIN restores stock apps?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Soooo clockwork restores your data andd nandroid backup restores your ROM and ODIN restores stock apps?

clockwork mod is a custom recovery that allows you to make backups...for example...i have 4 or 5 different roms i use on a regular basis so if i want to change Roms i just boot into clockwork backup my current rom and wipe data/cache and restore a different rom

It backs up the state your phone is in currently, all apps, settings, data etc...so when you restore its the same as before you backed up

ODIN is a flashing tool used for the Fascinate that allows you to flash special files such as.....ClockworkMod recovery, Radios/Modems and finally full .tar files that will allow you to recover and return to stock if you F up your phone...get it?

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
And titainium backup is another way of backing up and freezing your apps?

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Andd so clockwork keeps all the shizz on yer fone saved b4 u switch roms and restores it after??

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes titanium is used to backup apps/data and has ability to freeze them as well(only in the paid version though)

yes clockwork backs up your full Rom, that way say you flash a new one and dont like it or have probs you can just boot into CWM Recov and wipe data/cache and restore your backup and your back to the way it was before

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Im running into troubles in using odin and download mode on my fone???

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im running into troubles in using odin and download mode on my fone???
do you have the correct drivers installed? in menu/settings/applications/development is USB debugging checked?
r u removing the battery, holding down on the volume rocker while plugging in the USB...?

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Yeah I double checkedd if it was all good but while I wuz pressing down the volume rocker while putting the usb in the screen didn't do anythingg but if I have the battery in and power it up and pressing the volume rocker while the usb is in it will take me to the stock rocovery.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I double checkedd if it was all good but while I wuz pressing down the volume rocker while putting the usb in the screen didn't do anythingg but if I have the battery in and power it up and pressing the volume rocker while the usb is in it will take me to the stock rocovery.

that doesnt make any sense....so it wont go into dwnload mode at all? did you restart ODIN and try again with batt out and vol dwn while plugging in?

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Yeah and every time I tried to use odin it said sumthin like not connected then it said (0 sucseed / 0 fail )

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
I just did 1 click root, it worked, so now should I run odin and flash clockwork??

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Rom manager having trouble receiving rom list??

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah and every time I tried to use odin it said sumthin like not connected then it said (0 sucseed / 0 fail )

i posted this in the other thread u started....uninstall the drivers, reboot your pc, reinstall the drivers and open ODIN, turn off phone, pull battery, hold down on vol rocker and plug in USB(make sure USB debugging mode is on before this step)
ODIN should now recognize your phone with a yellow COM port....