flash Player not working with .2233 ics leak?

michael22

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that flash is not working properly on the .2233 leak. For example, the videos on yankees.com do not play. Is is a problem within the leak or a problem with the flash player apk itself? I have seen some complaints in the android market from people with ics phones. I have tried downloading and using older apks of flash player to no avail. Please help! ICS leak for Bionic was perfect except for this.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I have seen announcements that flash will not be supported on Jelly bean so it would surprise me if there are not ICS issues and I can't see much effort being put into it anymore.

I don't like Adobe dropping flash player for android, but it is what it is.

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
I am not referring to chrome. Flash will not work on the native browser or in firefox. Have you experienced this? I know that adobe is not fully supporting flash for android anymore.

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
I guess what I am asking is if anyone else is experiencing this on their bionic running .2233. If they are, then why is it happening and is there a way to resolve the issue.

Reaction score
I guess what I am asking is if anyone else is experiencing this on their bionic running .2233. If they are, then why is it happening and is there a way to resolve the issue.

Flash works fine for me in the stock browser and in Firefox. After you install the player, try rebooting. Otherwise, not sure what to tell you.

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
What do you think the difference could be? I am running stock .2233. Anybody have any fixes. When googled alot of people are reporting flash not working in bionic ics.

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm flash player functioning or not working on bionic ics .2233?

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
yes i have. I have also tried older versions of flash. Only the ads play in the embedded videos and then the browser freezes and must be force closed. I think i read on android forums and possibly droid hive that this is a problem and that we have to wait for html 5. I am very interested in more input considering some people appear to have flash working on the bionic with ics .2233.

ricochetz

Reaction score
Flash videos are broken here too. But non videos seem to work eg sesamstreet.org.

harpdoc

Reaction score
Actually, a ton of websites (eg, cnn.com) still use flash and i am bummed that it doesn't work properly on the leaks (I've tried all of them and am currently on .230). A work around would be appreciated by many until flash really does go bye bye.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
harpdoc said:
Actually, a ton of websites (eg, cnn.com) still use flash and i am bummed that it doesn't work properly on the leaks (I've tried all of them and am currently on .230). A work around would be appreciated by many until flash really does go bye bye.

I didn't say there wasn't tons of sites that still use it cause u are indeed correct, there is. I was just stating what I heard and that eventually flash would be obsolete. Yeah I think it sucks to, how many of us are early OG Droid owners? Yeah remember those days before flash, it sucked. Since then we haven't had to worry about it so yeah it sucks without it but I'm hoping something gets done about it once again.