Flash Player not getting along with UD 8.0

chris.mi77er

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem with UD8. If I watch a movie, the movie plays fine. The audio trails behind and sounds terrible. I did a complete wipe before installing UD8

AFX

Reaction score
Ok, heres the deal is guys. I have added the fix for the stagefright issue, but this in turn causes the issue with the flash player, I can go ahead and make you guys a fix but the fix would be disabling stagefright and enabling opencore. This would give good sound quality but overall lower bench marks. I will go ahead and put together a patch for you guys that will allow you to enable and disable stagefright from the settings menu.
But if Google's StageFright fix is included, doesn't that mean you don't need to disable it in order to get good audio quality (which is what causes the Flash issues)? :huh:

Isaiah

Reaction score
I only read the first post, but the slowing down radio thing occurs for me on simply stunning

raiders42878

Reaction score
I did a complete wipe and new install of UD8, watching espn.com via flash no problemo.

Me too, just now, still having same problem. Looks like the "fix" hasn't been posted yet.
Really? i haven't been able to get my flash working in UD7 or UD8, i have gotten it working in sapphire and CM6, but not in UD, is there something i'm missing or any settings that you changed? Thanks

OP
DarthMurdicide
Reaction score
I did a complete wipe and new install of UD8, watching espn.com via flash no problemo.

Me too, just now, still having same problem. Looks like the "fix" hasn't been posted yet.
Really? i haven't been able to get my flash working in UD7 or UD8, i have gotten it working in sapphire and CM6, but not in UD, is there something i'm missing or any settings that you changed? Thanks

Had no problems with UD 7.0, it just started on 8.0. Went back to 7.0 today, then back to 8.0, and now I am back to 7.0, just to make sure I wasn't insane, and sure enough (wiping every time), Flash works in 7.0, but not 8.0. Also, as mentioned, Flash not working in SS 4.7 either. I am going to try out CM 6.0 later and see how that works.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Had no problems with UD 7.0, it just started on 8.0. Went back to 7.0 today, then back to 8.0, and now I am back to 7.0, just to make sure I wasn't insane, and sure enough (wiping every time), Flash works in 7.0, but not 8.0. Also, as mentioned, Flash not working in SS 4.7 either. I am going to try out CM 6.0 later and see how that works.
Flash is working fine for me with UDv8.0.... just issues with the radio streaming audio.... At this point though I really don't want to sacrifice Stagefright for Opencore so I'm going to stream radio via other means only...XiiaLive or iheartradio.... I may try out Opencore again, but it sucks with video buffering...

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry I don't have an input on a fix but I was wondering what's the difference between those stations and iheart radio? I've never tried streaming through flashplayer

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry I don't have an input on a fix but I was wondering what's the difference between those stations and iheart radio? I've never tried streaming through flashplayer

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

iheartradio only has ClearChannel stations IIR... so any local radio stations that stream live via internet from their website would be thru flash...

AFX

Reaction score
Flash works for me, but the video lags behind the audio at times, which it didn't do in UD7. I'm not having any problems with Pandora, which I wasn't before. What exactly was changed that made Flash stop working and why exactly was it changed if there were no problems before?