Flash Performance: Droid 1 vs Droid X/Samsung Fascinate/Droid Incredible

GameBoiye

Reaction score
Is there anyone that has the Droid 1 and either the Droid X/Samsung Fascinate/Incredible that can test Flash performance out?

I have my Droid 1 set to 1GHZ so I'm just wondering how much of a difference the newer phones with the same processor speed have with Flash performance. I know new phones have better GFX chips it seems (some benchmark apps have higher fps during graphic parts), so I'm just curious how much that affects Flash performance. A lot of the places I go to have choppy video since it wasn't optimized for mobile playback.

Sites I use that play Flash:

GomTV.net
Crunchyroll.com

If anyone can test it out and see how different it is or even post a video that would be cool.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Droid X - I use anilinkz.com and I can tell you that i've been watching EVERY single episode of whatever anime im in the mood for over 3g seamlessly. I have yet to try my old droid 1 because im so in love with the capabilities of my Dx.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
My og droid oc'd to 1ghz plays flash like crap. It catches up after a while, but usually its pretty bad.

michaelearth

Reaction score
My og droid oc'd to 1ghz plays flash like crap. It catches up after a while, but usually its pretty bad.

Same here and Im OC'd tto 1.2ghz. I wonder why this is when the cpu requirement for our screen resolution is 800mhz.

BigZig

Reaction score
I have D1 OC 1.1 ghz flash is good over wifi but as soon as I get on 3G its really choppy

dbol

Reaction score
There are different version of flash floating around... perhaps the differences lead to discrepancies in quality.

OP
G

GameBoiye

Reaction score
Yeah I just tried Anilinkz and it skips like crazy. Occationally I'll get like maybe 12-15 fps but that's it, nearly unwatchable.

Can anyone who has a Droid X and flash check out Crunchyroll.com? If that works that's the phone I'm going to upgrade to.

OP
G

GameBoiye

Reaction score
Anyone? This is somewhat of a deal breaker for me and I would be very greatful if anyone could test here.

MrKleen

Reaction score
When I switched over to my Droid 2 from the Droid 1 I was amazed how much better Flash worked.

It works on the D1, but just not very well.

OP
G

GameBoiye

Reaction score
So does anyone around here have a Droid X with flash? I went to my local Verizon store but none of their phones had 2.2 or Flash to test with.

OP
G

GameBoiye

Reaction score
Since 2.2 (and Flash) just came out for the Droid X, can anyone tests any flash sites and see how the performance is. Also, if anyone has time to tests specifically Crunchyroll.com that would be awesome.

nybadboy11

Reaction score
crunchy roll

Yeah I just tried Anilinkz and it skips like crazy. Occationally I'll get like maybe 12-15 fps but that's it, nearly unwatchable.

Can anyone who has a Droid X and flash check out Crunchyroll.com? If that works that's the phone I'm going to upgrade to.
i just tryed it and it works just fine!:icon_ banana: