Flash on 2.1 sense rom!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by droid d'oh, Jan 2, 2010.

1. droid d'oh

droid d'oh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Below are some cool screenshots of my rooted droid running 2.0.1. I've pulled the flash plugin and player from the sense rom and installed them using astro. That is my limit of understanding on how to modify and get this to work from the HTC rom.

[​IMG]

When I open flash files using the browser it will pull up the flash player and immediately crash, showing that the current browser is incompatible with the flash player.

Here is where you will find the files after downloading the nandroid backup from here: http://rondutt.com/droidev/Hero2.1-BCDMRS-20091222-2109.tar.gz

First: Extract the folder to your computer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then extract system.rar

[​IMG]

Go to system.rar/app and find 'flashplayerplugin.apk' and 'flashplayer.apk' and copy them to your droid's root sd folder

[​IMG]

Then go to data.rar from your extracted 2.1 file and navigate to the app folder where you will find the 'flashplayerplugin.apk' file. This may need to be implented to your data/app folder in the root directory of the droid, which will need to be installed using adb.

[​IMG]

As far as I know these are all the flash related files from the HTC rom, and this currently does not work without some tweaking in which I am unsure of how to do. This would be a major addition to the android experience. Would someone with a good understanding of android check this out as well and see if it would be possible for us to get Flash working?

2. hbah427

hbah427 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Digging

After digging around in your provided ROM, I also found the com.htc.flashliteplugin folder and the com.htc.flash folder.

Looking through every tarball for another thing referencing flash

-libflashlite.so
    -libflashsnddec.so
    -libflsaplayer.so [Yes, fsla]
    -system@app@FlashLitePlugin.apk@classes.dex
    -system@app@FlashPlayer.apk@classes.dex

I'm gonna copy these to their respective locations and update y'all on the progress...

3. Carlos Spicywiener

Carlos Spicywiener New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any progress?

4. hbah427

hbah427 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    -_- None. Whatsoever. It seems the regular browser nor Dolphin recognize the new libraries...

5. estobaughn

estobaughn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried opera browser? I am not sure but I thought most of the browser on the market used the stock browser as the back end. I am not sure how the opera browser is set up but it might be worth a try.

6. droid d'oh

droid d'oh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The additional integration files are an interesting find. Hopefully this will be useful later, and possibly when they have a more stable rom for the 2.1 sense rom. On a side note, if the sense rom happens to work on nandroid(it doesn't work for me for some reason) we may be able to verify using that rom if the flash does work through a simple browser test on the HTC rom. Just a thought anyway.

7. gtjokester

gtjokester New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if it crashes cause the browser is not supported have you tried taking the browser out of the the rom and replacing that? maybe it would work if you used the browser that was in that rom cause it is probably already compatible. may need some other files too that are for the browser but seems to me like it might work like that. Of course I'm just guessing and making a suggestion of something to try..

8. alienware777

alienware777 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I like this idea. Do you have any progress to report?

9. droid d'oh

droid d'oh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    None yet, I was hoping someone who knows android (possibly a developer) would pick up the search and check it out.

10. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have heard that HTC includes a version of Flash Player 9 in all its Sense ROMs, which is virtually useless for any current videos online

11. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting...but like the guy above said, if its only Flash Player 9 it won't be very useful (at least worth the trouble of getting it to work) because most sites update to the latest flash player.

This makes me wonder how well the support from Adobe will be regarding keeping the mobile version up-to-date and compatible with the latest PC release. If it is always going to lagb ehind the PC release, its going to be a real pain for us mobile users.

12. droid d'oh

droid d'oh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I was curious about, thanks for the info!

Search tags for this page

libflashsnddec.so