Flash & hulu not working

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
flash is definitely not working at all...has anyone tried going to a flash heavy site and tested this as well?

I just tried in a flash heavy site and confirmed that no video will play

superglen99

Reaction score
Flash works fine for me. i use dolphin hd and when you go to view a flash video there is a little arrow pointing down. just click the arrow and the video plays.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
yeah, there was a workaround to get hulu to play...it was a modified flash.apk & a hulu app someone over at xda created to emulate a desktop to trick it to play. it worked on bbv04, but not on this rom.

I just tried going to a site for flash games and flash didnt work...no arrows to push on just a blank screen with that leggo looking icon with a question mark on it. so flash isnt working.

what verison of flash are you guys who has it working, running?

ksassin

Reaction score
There is a way to trick the site to see your phone as a desktop browser. Type the following in you search bar(not you google search bar) about:debug then hit enter,settings,uastring,hit the desktop option and back out. This worked for me on some other mobil blocked sites and I even got farmville to work in facebook, though not at all optimized for mobil

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
Yea, I tried debug trick and it doesn't work. I will try the apk and report back

Smokie

Reaction score
There is a way to trick the site to see your phone as a desktop browser. Type the following in you search bar(not you google search bar) about:debug then hit enter,settings,uastring,hit the desktop option and back out. This worked for me on some other mobil blocked sites and I even got farmville to work in facebook, though not at all optimized for mobil

am i the only idiot that doesn't know what search bar you are talking about other then google? throw me a raft or something! i'm drowing ;[

EDIT: Nevermind.. figured it out.. stock browser.

motoDROID.FTW

Reaction score
Figure i would put more about me here, im the cool

am i the only idiot that doesn't know what search bar you are talking about other then google? throw me a raft or something! i'm drowing ;[

lol, he's talking about the little bar up top were you put the website you want to go to in.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
Ksassin, the hulu app makes it so you don't have to go through all that. Just install the modified flash aol and start the hulu app. That's why I want someone to look into a fix.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like Dolphin HD because you can set the user agent to Desktop and the setting actually sticks. It also has tabs.

I would try Dolphin HD over installing random software off the web.