Flash for Driod 1 not going to happen!?

missin44

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere recently that Flash for the Driod 1 was not going to happen. Is this true, or did i miss read the article? Which BTW I can no longer find.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Everything is pretty much up in the air right now it seems...

This thread has been used for ongoing discussion regarding the alleged halt to the update/question as to whether or not the Droid will receive the update...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/67438-verizon-pulls-android-2-2-frg01b-update-droid-1-future-updates-uncertain.html

A manual update to FRG01b is floating around, though. If you go ahead and install that, you can then install the beta version of flash that rooted users have had for a while now. This is the same version that some phones began receiving OTA earlier this week. As far as I know, not everything in Flash works quite yet, but I've tried out a few flash heavy sites and it worked perfectly.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I thought I read somewhere recently that Flash for the Driod 1 was not going to happen. Is this true, or did i miss read the article? Which BTW I can no longer find.

At this point, I would take any posts regarding the upgrade to any of our phones with a grain of salt. Seems like things keep evolving with the updates and there isn't much anyone yet that knows where everything is going to land.

n0yxl

Reaction score
I'm absolutely sure in my mind that the Droid 1 will indeed get 2.2 OTA.

It would be a major PR fail if it it didn't end up being pushed out as promised.

jobslave

Reaction score
Flash 10.1

I have recently updated to sapphire 1.0, a great rom by the way. But when u go to the market to reinstall flash it responds with "app. No longer available". I am lead to believe that even if you manually push 2.2 on your non rooted phone, you still will not have flash nor be able to get it as of yet. If I'm wrong someone let me know. I had flash with sapphire 0.8.4 and I miss it.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
If they don't push flash couldn't we call fraud or somthing because the droid was always advertised as getting a flash player?

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
If they don't push flash couldn't we call fraud or somthing because the droid was always advertised as getting a flash player?

Could try, but probably wouldn't go far. The Flash part, unfortunately, isn't totally under their control. This brings Adobe into it also, which complicates matters.

I would say however that if they never push Froyo to the phones then you should be able to go after them because without Froyo the phone isn't even capable of running Flash whether Adobe releases it or not.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will get flash. I promise this. You will also get 2.2. I promise that as well.

I just don't know when you're going to get it. If you don't want to root, and I'm not suggesting that you do, you'll either need to be patient or download the FRG01B 2.2 update that's still around. Please don't ask me for a link, I can't provide one at this time. What you do outside of the forum however is your business. ;)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Possibly, but Froyo was never promised to me nor any other purchasers of the Incredible when we got ours. I'll have to look at the Verizon website again and see if there is anything printed promising that everyone would get Froyo. I don't believe that has been done. And whatever reps say in a store won't hold up in court.

S

SEGA

You will get flash. I promise this. You will also get 2.2. I promise that as well.

O WTH... dammit hook, what do you know? spit it out already. I know you know something that is needed to be known, but you know you can't say what you know because then people will know before they need to know... ya know.

Sal

Reaction score
:angry::D

O WTH... dammit hook, what do you know? spit it out already. I know you know something that is needed to be known, but you know you can't say what you know because then people will know before they need to know... ya know.

Yeah! What he said! Spit it out... :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys only quote the part where it says I promise? How about the part that clearly said I don't know when?;)

You know I get told things by certain people. These same certain people have been known to be able to stop on a dime and everything changes again. So I have no idea if what I heard 2 hours ago will be valid 2 hours from now.

Take yesterday for example. Nobody was more surprised by wuyanks story about the roll out being stopped completely. When I checked in with my people they simply said yes, it's true like "why are you even asking?" I didn't see that coming. Just as clueless as the rest of you.

If anything does change, keep your eye on the news section. That's where you'll find it.