flash for android- beta signup

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about the adobe air beta sign up is up too!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jbg25

Reaction score
SO I am going to sound like an idiot...but I assume you download the 10.1 for linux? if so? how do you install the tar.gz?

rushmore

Reaction score
I signed up for it, but since 10.1 is part of the browser and also part of the revised framework, how will Adobe be able to pull this off? Seems it will conflict with the OS. That is unless they have the approved api access and scripts to integrate Flash into the OS.... I guess that is obvious.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I signed up for it, but since 10.1 is part of the browser and also part of the revised framework, how will Adobe be able to pull this off? Seems it will conflict with the OS. That is unless they have the approved api access and scripts to integrate Flash into the OS.... I guess that is obvious.

very good question. from what i gather, it will be a .APK that will work with the stock 2.1 framework (not sure how it will be implemented on devices with severe changes in the framework (all htc/sense devices, or custom ROMs)...

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

very good question. from what i gather, it will be a .APK that will work with the stock 2.1 framework (not sure how it will be implemented on devices with severe changes in the framework (all htc/sense devices, or custom ROMs)...

This is likely why it has been pushed back so far... they went from 2010 Q1 to not even having the beta(s) until later in 2010.... and with no mention (not even a reason hint) of a time frame (other than 'late 2010) I think we'll be lucky to see it before the end of the year...

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is likely why it has been pushed back so far... they went from 2010 Q1 to not even having the beta(s) until later in 2010.... and with no mention (not even a reason hint) of a time frame (other than 'late 2010) I think we'll be lucky to see it before the end of the year...

it's too bad that Adobe doesn't open-source their Flash project:icon_evil:

jbg25

Reaction score
SO I am going to sound like an idiot...but I assume you download the 10.1 for linux? if so? how do you install the tar.gz?

LOL...I knew that was not the right page...that was plugins I am an idiot.

fallsgable

Reaction score
signed up! Lets see how long Beta takes to actually reach my sweaty little hands!!:icon_ banana:

Varking

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this heads up. Signed up, hope they accept me and I can get this bug free sooner rather then later.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm in! Thanks to both wuyanks and samiusmc! :yahoo: