Flash Failure Questions

Revenant_06

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the Droid 3 and the Droid Forums. I recently upgraded to a droid 3 within the past month. I started to have force closes with the Home Screen and pretty much everything else from the Stock ROM. so, I thought I would try another ROM. I installed Dark Droid successfully and for about 2 days I noticed the battery was going down a lot quicker than usual. Now here is where I had the problem:

1) I tried to SBF my phone back to stock using "Droid 3 SBF 5.6.890" but it kept failing step 6/15 or 18 or however many steps there where.
2) At this point I was a little worried, and did some searching for another solution, I did find one. I had to use "Droid 3 OTA 5.6.890 One Click" and extract the "Droid 3 SBF 5.6.890.zip" into the "files" folder inside the One click setup.
3) All was successful after it pretty much factory reset my phone and I also had to reprogram it by calling the verizon program number. #288 or something don't quote me on that.

After all that I figured out I was not using the stock USB cable my Droid 3 came with. I was using my girlfriend's HTC Ryme USB Cable. Could that have caused the SBF to fail at step 6? If not. what other information do you need for me to give so that I can figure this out.

No need to rush for an answer because my phone is fixed.

OP
R

Revenant_06

Reaction score
Well, It seems i cannot SBF my Droid 3 without Failing at 6/15

pistacio

Reaction score
If your on 5.7.906, i believe you can not flash back to 5.6.890. That might be your problem since your D3 Is only a month old(might have shipped with 5.7.906).

Edit: sorry, skimmed your post didn't realize you already ROM'd... still might be the problem though...

OP
R

Revenant_06

Reaction score
I see. I may have been on 5.7.906 before. but I just checked and I am currently on 5.6.890.

Both of the times I had failed was after I put a ROM on my phone for the first time, and after I updated my phone when I used the OTA One Click. Next time I try to SBF my phone using RSD lite I will post the Error on step 6/15.

I am hoping what you suggested is the problem, if not the problem will be found out soon enough haha.

There isnt a 5.7.906 SBF out is there?

linuxgator

Reaction score
I see. I may have been on 5.7.906 before. but I just checked and I am currently on 5.6.890.

Both of the times I had failed was after I put a ROM on my phone for the first time, and after I updated my phone when I used the OTA One Click. Next time I try to SBF my phone using RSD lite I will post the Error on step 6/15.

I am hoping what you suggested is the problem, if not the problem will be found out soon enough haha.

There isnt a 5.7.906 SBF out is there?

Nope, no SBF for .906 yet.

OP
R

Revenant_06

Reaction score
Bummer deal... well, I will try to sbf tonight and post the error. It most likely is that problem with being unable to sbf backwards.

OP
R

Revenant_06

Reaction score
Ok here it is!!! Fastboot -- Status: Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. 6/18 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.;phone connected

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
revenant06 currently there is no 100 percent way back from .906 to .890 but all is not lost. here is a moddified .890 sbf that will allow you to get back to a almost full .890 state. keeep in mind some .906 parts will remain as they cannot change without a brick 906 SBF.7z - Minus:hail:

OP
R

Revenant_06

Reaction score
revenant06 currently there is no 100 percent way back from .906 to .890 but all is not lost. here is a moddified .890 sbf that will allow you to get back to a almost full .890 state. keeep in mind some .906 parts will remain as they cannot change without a brick 906 SBF.7z - Minus:hail:

When i go to settings/about phone, it tells me that I am already 5.6.890 when I purchased the phone it came with .906...
But that doesn't explain: Failed flashing process. 6/18 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin".

Is it because the cdt.bin is part of the .906 update still? can I fix the cdt.bin?