Flash Droid 1 to metro PCS?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DeathGrind, May 20, 2011.

1. DeathGrind

DeathGrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I need some clarification on flashing a droid 1 to metro pcs. I have my old droid 1 that i used for 1 year, i no longer use it as i upgraded to a Thunderbolt. My Girlfriend has a really terrible phone on metro pcs and i suggested that she use my droid 1 instead. She was all for it, and i said i think i can learn how to make it work with metro PCS. I have decent experience modding things so I think I can achieve this task, i am just confused.

So after searching for awhile I came across this, which seems to be the go to guide.

(unsure if I can hyperlink here so i changed the http to hxxp)

hxxp://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1654666-How-To-Web-apps-gps-and-MAYBE-MMS-on-Moto-Droid

I was just going to follow that guide, but the more i thought and read about it the more questions arose. I was going to get the NV items needed, but on the page for NV items there is something stated about a new method. This is where my confusion starts. Anyway here is the page.

hxxp://www.whiterabbit.org/android/

So is the first method in my first link obsolete now? As I continued I begin reading about this new method, which lead me to here

hxxp://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1643218-Motorola-Droid-Full-Solution-Updated?p=13991941#post13991941

huh?....no something about an unlocked radio? If i follow the method in my first link, do I need to do this? It says something about this method allows setting to stay put and not be reset. By this time I am getting lost.

Ok. I decide to start from the very first thing everywhere I read. First thing is to root the phone and install a custom rom that supports iptables. No problems there, I've been rooted and running custom roms over 1 year, but this raised another question. What roms support iptables and what roms will work on metro PCS. Thankfully I found somewhere in this forum that Project Elite 4.2 works on Metro PCS. This is good news as the last rom i ran on m droid was PE 4.2 and it was smooth.

So i will wipe my phone and clean install PE v4.2, but I am unsure of what to do from there, and the most up to date and proficient way of flashing my droid to metro PCS.

oh and then I started reading about ESN numbers. My ESN number is clean I know that, but do I need to have metro PCS enter my ESN of the droid into their database to work on their network? How I would do this I have no idea.

Sorry for the long post, i'm just trying to give a clear explanation of what i have read and what i am attempting to do, and why I am confused.

Please any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. DeathGrind

DeathGrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow no replies. Dang it. Somebody has to know something about this.

Sent from my ADR6400L

3. Amazing

Amazing New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can tell you this.
    You have to get metro to accept your ESN.

And I'm also stuck too, since in NYC data and mms does not work or work well unless someone can configure it.

Search tags for this page
can i flash a verizon motorola to metro pcs
can i flash my driod razr to metro pcs
como flash un droid a metropcs

flash droid to metro pcs

flash my verizon droid incredible to metro pcs

flash verizon droid to metro pcs

how to get droid 1 on metro pcs
how+to+flash+a+verizon+droid+to+metro pcs
how+to+flash+motorola+droid+to+metro pcs
verizon droid1 to metro