Flash and picture help requested for the old

laroz

Reaction score
A. How does one get flash to come on in the camera mode. (I turn ON phone. flash does not come on when I take a picture).:icon_eek:

IN THE PICTURE TAKING MODEWhat are the icons (what do they mean) when picture is camera mode?
(there is a mountain,
and something like a little square-
on left thand side of screen???.:icon_eek:
(I know what the zoom icon is-but what are the others?)

B. When trying to look for your option on the left side, the screen does not extend all the way when trying to push out with finger...???:icon_eek:

BLESSINGS!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Press the settings button (the four lines on the bottom of the phone) then press settings, then press flash mode and press on. you should now see a lightening bolt on the screen of the camera.

The moutain is for taking far pictures (infinity) mode.

Hope this helps :)

OP
L

laroz

Reaction score
Where is the flash option???

Press the settings button (the four lines on the bottom of the phone) then press settings, then press flash mode and press on. you should now see a lightening bolt on the screen of the camera.

The moutain is for taking far pictures (infinity) mode.

Hope this helps :)

Help. I pressed on setting, but there is no flash option. Where is it?

Thank you.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Make sure you're in still-photo mode, and not video-mode. When the camera-app is running, on the right side of the screen you should see what looks like a slider-switch. Slide it up for Video and down for still-photos.

When you're in still-photo mode, on the left side of the screen, you'll see a little thingy you can slide out (it slides maybe halfway across the screen when it's fully extended.) In that slide-out area, you should be able to scroll through all the options for the camera. One of those options will be Flash Mode. Also, make sure Scene Mode is set to Auto, otherwise it may not let you enable the Flash.

On my phone, I have Flash Mode, Scene Mode, and Focus Mode all set to Auto. Seems to work fine since the 2.0.1 update.

Reaction score
You can get to setting when in photo app by sliding the settings from top or left depending on how you are holding the phone (like Laurence said) or when in photo app pressing the four lines then press settings.

baddolphin

Reaction score
On my Motorola Droid, the camera flash does not work. I'm in photo mode, not video mode. If I go into Settings, Flash Mode is off, is grayed out, and cannot be changed. It used to work a few weeks ago and I have no idea why it stopped. Any ideas?