flash 10.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cystic, Jan 18, 2010.

1. cystic

cystic New Member

Adobe Flash 10.1 for Android

so this is not news to most of you, however I came across a post on the adobe forums from an employee that states all they are waiting for is the new update to come out so they can release flash 10.1 and that droid and nexus will be the first phones it will be available to.
    here is a link to the forum post:
    Adobe Forums: Android and Windows Mobile roadmap

like I said not news, but at least it is from an official source so we can stop with the rumors.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. Aaron636r

Aaron636r New Member

Good find. Thanks for sharing
  3. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

HELLS TO THE YES!

I'm VERY excited about mobile Flash. I know a lot of people worry about flash ads and slow downs... Just wait for Fennec which should hopefully be released soon and will have Adblock Plus. Also, Flash 10.1 is specially designed to only load Flash that is seen on screen at any given time. This does not slow down your browsing by any significant amount... if at all.
  4. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Ya pretty much confirms what was already known. Adobe already previewed Flash working on the Droid and Nexus, so we're waiting on Google to create 2.2 with it included?
  5. cystic

cystic New Member

my guess is when 2.1 is released for droid they will shortly after make flash available for download in the market. either that or they will do a 2.1.1 with it included.
  6. Topsy

Topsy New Member

considering that the 2.1 release date floating around has been Jan 22nd, we can wait the 4 days and see easily enough if Verizon lives up their promise.
  7. JhankG

JhankG New Member

You mean 2.1.

I am way more excited about flash 10.1 on the Droid than I am about the official 2.1 release.
  8. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Ya me too, just assuming 2.1 will have to come out first, then flash will be next.
  9. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

2.1 will come out and flash will be an update most likely.
  10. jinx10000

jinx10000 New Member

I'll believe it when I see it. We were supposed to get it before the end of last year for the older generation androids. They had a video well in advance as well.

I believe it will come out but I'm not holding my breath for an early release.
  11. DROIDMASTER

DROIDMASTER New Member

Ok there's some confusion in this thread. According to the original poster the article states that flash is ready but they need google to make an update for nexus and droid. If so nexus will need to be 2.1.1 or 2.2 droid must get a 2.0.2 or 2.1.1 or 2.2 since there is no news about android 2.2 then I would assume that nexus will get a 2.1.1 update droid will get 2.1 and then shortly after will get 2.1.1
    This makes sense to my eyes anyone else think differently?
  12. samdevor

samdevor New Member

no im with you on that, although (prove me wrong on this) couldnt flash player be a downloaded...lets say app or some sort of other downloadable update or does it have to be integrated into the firmware?
  13. Topsy

Topsy New Member

It could be 2.1.1 or 2.2 or just be a download that isn't a patch sure, all 3 are possible on paper...theorycraft is what it is.
  14. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I bet it will be available to download in the market.
  15. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I'm really not confused at all.

Flash will be an OTA update when it's ready. It will be able to run on certain devices like the Droid and the Nexus. However it will not be a major update - it will likely be thrown in with a standard "fix the bugs" update.

I would very much expect that the Droid and Nexus One and whatever other devices that are capable of supporting it will get it about the same time. Since it's not expected until mid year there will be ton of other devices to get it also.

It won't be something you download - it has to be integrated into the code of the device itself.
  16. freemenot

freemenot New Member

What makes you think it will be integrated? I see no need for it to be.
  17. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Why does windows have such a hard time with Flash? It's always being updated and it frequently has issues with graphics cards etc...

It's not as easy as installing an application - it needs to work on your hardware and software.

Most likely the reason it's taking so long is because they are trying to make it compatible with as many phones as possible. If it were as easy as an app we'd have had it already.
  18. freemenot

freemenot New Member

All it has to do is use the opengl apis that are provided for every other app, and use a browser plugin. Flash it not integrated into the operating system, its simply a plugin, which will probably use opengl. They will not integrate it into the operating system, as that could taint things (android is all opensource, they are not going to integrate 1 closed source application into the operating system itself).
  19. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

This is a meaningless discussion - it will be what it is and when it comes and talking about it does no good.

Same goes for when 2.1 will get here.
  20. mekishiko

mekishiko New Member

LoL! I was thinking the same thing, a bunch of speculation at revision numbers and package inclusions: None of that was covered in the OP, so it's all just unsubstantiated speculation.

The only truly pertinent information that can be extracted is that it WILL come out. That's about it. Everything else is just superfluous.

Search tags for this page

what is the exact version of flash do i need for the motorol