Flash 10.1 out of beta, final version available in Android Market for Nexus One.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Adobe has just made a final, beta-less version of Flash 10.1 available to all those that have an Android 2.2 handset. The new bits are waiting to be downloaded from the Android Market as you read this. Go get the new hotness and let us know what you think!

UPDATE: It looks like currently only Nexus One owners are seeing the option to update to this latest version.

BoyGeniusReport.Com

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just checked on my Droid, and nothing. Pulled up the Adobe Flash Showcase, clicked on view more apps, and it wasn't listed.

Running 2.2 Sapphire 1.0

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
TalkAndroid Live from the Adobe / Android Conference

Well the conference has started, so let’s get blogging!​
9:41 – Flash 10.1 took 12 months to develop

The challenge for mulitouch is how it’s enabled in OS and does the browser support it. If Flash can’t get interface of multitouch from browser, then they can’t implement it in Flash.

9:49am – Adobe has tried Flash 10.1 on older Android devices there’s not enough CPU power. Even with some new Froyo devices that are coming out, they just won’t have enough CPU power to run Flash 10.1. Flash lite may be a different story, but Adobe won’t officially support 10.1 on that device.

9:52am – When it comes to performance vs battery life, if the results aren’t acceptable, then the device isn’t certified. Adobe has gotten 3.5 hours of video Flash playback while streaming over 3G. So if the performance is great, but battery life is terrible, they won’t certify the device and vice versa​

9:55am – Time for some Adobe Air…

No official word on how Air will be distributed though. Adobe plans to announce something at their developer conference about it.

10:00am – Digial home. TVs have less processing power than the average smartphone, that is just now starting to change.

And in non-Android news, announcements from Palm,

10:03am –
And now,Paul Betlem, Sr Director of Flash engineering
10:06am –

Adobe has worked directly with hardware manufactures and OEMs to ensure that Flash works as efficiently as possible with their hardware and products.

10:16am –

10:19am – Time to talk about battery life

10:23am – Memory Optimization
GC = Garbage collector

10:28am – User Experience

10:42am – Devices that are shipping or will get Flash in the near future

10:46am – New capabilities under construction. Note that some of these are actively being worked on and some aren’t. Adobe can’t elaborate on which is which, so that’s up for us to figure out.

The one thing I didn’t grab from this was that their looking at web cam and microphone support. That was the final bullet point on that slide.

This wasn’t in the slide, but look for Flash to incorporate data from other sensors like GPS, accelerometer, etc etc​

10:52 – Now for a more in-depth look at Air from Aaron Filner, Group Product Manager. Adobe is planning on putting Air into the Android Market, although no ETA was given. Don’t look for Air on sub 2.2 devices, though, as the codebase for Air is very similar to Flash and thus the requirements are the same.

That’s it for Air. Look for some video footage of some Air apps to be in this article. Now it’s time for a 20min break then we’ll be back to the action.​

11:43am – Time for some talk about Adobe Flex from NJ Saruto, Principal Scientist

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just updated my Adobe Flash through the market on my Droid 1...

Sent from my Droid

Well, it's not in the market for me. And I don't think it will be until the second push comes through.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just updated my Adobe Flash through the market on my Droid 1...

Sent from my Droid

How? Do you have a market fix installed? I know at least one of the market fixes (edited build.prop) identifies the device as a N1 running Froyo.

LVGDroidFan

Reaction score
I downloaded the Flash player from the market on my Droid 1 - I'm running CM6 RC-3 and it did show up in the market last night.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I updated fine on my droid on cyanogen.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid