Flash 10.1 on Nexus one

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
I agree but with all the amazing Droid hackers out there it shouldn't be too long before its on a rom for us :)

UggTheThug

Reaction score
after watching the video is it just me or does the flash game(bloons apparently) look like it is running somewhat on the slow side...could this just be an effect of the video, the ROM, or is it only me

kenkamm

Reaction score
That's my thought as well. Everyone is so pumped about getting flash so they can play games and watch hulu or whatever, but there's no promise that it will run well enough on this hardware to make the user experience worthwhile. I'm not holding my breath - my guess is that it's going to be a letdown once we get it working on our droids.

natty_lite

Reaction score
Quite a few flash elements cause the browser to crash. Not exactly the smoothest of implementations.

natty_lite

Reaction score
That's my thought as well. Everyone is so pumped about getting flash so they can play games and watch hulu or whatever, but there's no promise that it will run well enough on this hardware to make the user experience worthwhile. I'm not holding my breath - my guess is that it's going to be a letdown once we get it working on our droids.
I feel like the only reason Adobe is pushing to get full versions of flash on mobile platforms is so webmasters can cash in on all the potential revenue made from mobile browsers. Now you get to see "which celeb do these breast belong to" and talking banner ads on your Android browser. I can barely contain myself.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
after watching the video is it just me or does the flash game(bloons apparently) look like it is running somewhat on the slow side...could this just be an effect of the video, the ROM, or is it only me

the adobe developer said that Flash is running around 20 fps... the lag may just be from the video recording (which has a much higher recording framerate)... 20 fps should be relatively smooth...

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like the only reason Adobe is pushing to get full versions of flash on mobile platforms is so webmasters can cash in on all the potential revenue made from mobile browsers. Now you get to see "which celeb do these breast belong to" and talking banner ads on your Android browser. I can barely contain myself.

agreed. :icon_evil:

mtbhk44

Reaction score

agreed. :icon_evil:

That's interesting - I actually haven't been all that excited about flash and with that in mind, I may not even install it once it's pushed to us.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This could be why it looks slow:

" I've used the desire rom for a day now. It has live wallpapers. Flash, however, is just HTC's Flash Lite. It is compatible with flash 10.1, but doesn't utilize hardware acceleration. It is rather unusable for viewing video, playback is choppy."

That's from the comments section of the article and more than one person confirmed that it is not flash 10.1.

natty_lite

Reaction score
Ah, I figured as such. I kept reading "Flash 10" and its not like I had the device to confirm of deny myself, so I just went with what everyone else was reporting. Makes sense, because Flash Lite on the HTC Hero left alot to be desired as well. (yes, I'm aware the Hero is a much lesser device)