Flash 10.1 -- laggy as hell

tgnyc

Reaction score
Testing the D2 in the store. Went to abc.com to try an episode of "Modern Family." Video was really jerky. I waited so long for a phone to have the ability to show Flash, which made the experience quite disappointing. Is this as good as it gets, or do I need to do something differently?

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well there is a reason for this. Chances are the video that you pulled up was not optimized for mobile devices so in essence it is trying to squeeze 3 pounds of crap into a 1 pound bag. There are mobile optimized flash sites for video that work like a charm.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Testing the D2 in the store. Went to abc.com to try an episode of "Modern Family." Video was really jerky. I waited so long for a phone to have the ability to show Flash, which made the experience quite disappointing. Is this as good as it gets, or do I need to do something differently?

Was the one you tested upgraded? I went to abc.com and had a look around on my D2. Some spots were a little jerky, but it's what I would expect from a device like this.

Maybe your expectations are too high? Or maybe the ones you played with it the store were not updated to the latest OS version.

Wraith

Reaction score
The flash on my Droid1@1Ghz runs better than the flash on my home computer (1.6Ghz Emachine with 2Gig Ram...piece of junk nowadays).

tacdusty

Reaction score
I got the Droid 1, and Its laggy as well. Really disappointed.

OP
T

tgnyc

Reaction score
Maybe we have to live with this until some future upgrade?

Was the one you tested upgraded? I went to abc.com and had a look around on my D2. Some spots were a little jerky, but it's what I would expect from a device like this.

Maybe your expectations are too high? Or maybe the ones you played with it the store were not updated to the latest OS version.

Possible the store model was messed up, but what do you mean by "upgraded?" Don't all D2's come with 2.2 already installed. Besides, I gotta say it wasn't just a little jerky; it was genuinely unwatchable. I've since run across the review from LAPTOP magazine were the guy had the same exact experience as me, it sounds like. Seems like that's just the way it is unless the site is optimized specifically for Flash mobile. Not how I thought it would be. Requires a solid shift in expectations. Adobe or Motorola should have done something to manage those expectations better, I think.

Amagine

Reaction score
Its not a flash problem. I'm running flash on my dx with a dolphin browsethe abc vid is baaaaadddddd.i dont. Have a problem on the full site for break.com or you tube. But it was reaching pretty much the while 30 secsi was look ing

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possible the store model was messed up, but what do you mean by "upgraded?" Don't all D2's come with 2.2 already installed. Besides, I gotta say it wasn't just a little jerky; it was genuinely unwatchable. I've since run across the review from LAPTOP magazine were the guy had the same exact experience as me, it sounds like. Seems like that's just the way it is unless the site is optimized specifically for Flash mobile. Not how I thought it would be. Requires a solid shift in expectations. Adobe or Motorola should have done something to manage those expectations better, I think.

As soon as you get a D2 you should go to the check for updates in your settings. There has already been an upgrade sent out and you will need to press that button to upgrade to the latest 2.2 version. Mine is 2.2.20.A955. It's in the About section of the settings. That's also where you will find system upgrades.

bhall238

Reaction score

As soon as you get a D2 you should go to the check for updates in your settings. There has already been an upgrade sent out and you will need to press that button to upgrade to the latest 2.2 version. Mine is 2.2.20.A955. It's in the About section of the settings. That's also where you will find system upgrades.

Hook, where do you get the that number exactly? I see Baseband version C_01.43.01P, Kernel version 2.6 32.9-g874c292 android-build@apa26#1 and Build number FRG22D. I did the first 2.2 update from Google's site and the Flash update OTA. Is that why our numbers are different?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
bhall238, sounds like you have a Droid 1.

This thread is pertaining to the Droid 2.

Thus the differences in version numbers.

bhall238

Reaction score
Sorry, I better get another cup of coffee, I totally missed that.