fixed antenna issue?

J

JriderG

My gf has a Droid 2, and she has no signal issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
B

beachbum0193

Reaction score
wow really? wtf i've had 4 of them thinking that it was the phone but never was. went from full signal to nadda without moving an inch. such bs on motorola's or verizon's part.

heath223

Reaction score
I got my D3 Friday and noticed that I missed a call mid afternoon today. I was playing around with it and saw the signal jumping around as you said. I made several calls to my D3 over a 3 hr. period and about half of them went straight to voicemail. I called customer service and got a tech and we did a hard reset (pulled the battery (while the phone was still powered up?)). As soon as it powered back up it had full signal strength (I had never noticed it having that till then) and looks good so far. You might try that. They told me that if it kept happening to do a factory reset and if that did not work to return it to the store and they would swap it out. He said if it got to that point it had to be hardware related.

Linda804

Reaction score
As soon as i got my droid 3 i had problems making and recieving calls. First i didnt get my incoming calls, they all went to voicemail. Called Tech support and they had me change my prefered network from Global to CDMA. That worked. THAN when i tried to makes a call as soon as i hit send i lost ALL signal but when i hung up it all came back. So called again, did a hard reset and it still does it but not as bad. Took it to the store for a replacement and OF COURSE it worked fine there. They said if they couldnt see the problem then they couldnt replace it.

endobrian

Reaction score
I heard switching from global to CDMA saves battery power....cuts out the gsm network searching.

Linda804

Reaction score
Could be coincedence but once changed from global to CDMA it hasnt drainded as fast. I noticed it but didnt no WHY.

OP
B

beachbum0193

Reaction score
alright thanks guys for the input. looks like motorola is still having problems. big hel everyone thank you

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I called customer service and got a tech and we did a hard reset (pulled the battery (while the phone was still powered up?)).

Holy jeez... don't ever pull your battery when the phone is still on... what kinda crazy reasoning was behind this??

A hard reset is:

Power off
Pull battery
wait a few minutes (to deplete capacitors in some phones)
replace battery
Power up

Pulling your battery while the phone is on can create a mini arc to ground and kill things in the device... sometimes... I wouldn't chance it on my $450 D3