Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

google_currents.jpg

Some users have been complaining of pretty bad lag on their Nexus 7s ever since updating to Android 4.2, and there is an unofficial fix if this problem is happening with your tablet. Apparently, some people are finding that the lag issue may be caused by Google Currents, but this can't be 100% confirmed because neither ASUS nor Google has acknowledged that there is a problem.

Some XDA users have found that disabling background syncing for Google Currents should clear up any lag issues that you're having on your Nexus 7. So, if you're having the problem, just pop open Google Currents, tap the menu button (the vertical ellipsis), go to settings, and uncheck the "Enable background sync" option. Alternatively, you can go to your device settings, and the Google account settings to disable Google Currents sync.

Let us know if you've been having problems, and if this helps.

Source: Nexus Tablets via XDA

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I haven't noticed anything like that with mine... hmm.. I'll have to look into that. My son mostly uses mine :)

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Is anyone still using Currents? I started to when it first came out, but don't realy have a need for it anymore...

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The only problem I have with mine is in have to log on to DF every 3rd or so time. Poo.

Get an log error first then get a the log in screen.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I use Google Currents but I have always had background sync off so I never noticed any lag since 4.2.