FIX for Facebook sync issues!

xfireguru

Reaction score
I'm going to get excited for a minute because I think I figured it out.

Reading on xda-developers someone had commented that Facebook is now referencing the build.prop file to determine whether or not sync should be available to the user.

I compared the Shiz build.prop against stock to looking for any glaring differences.

In the stock build.prop you'll find:
Code:
[B]ro.product.name=voles[/B]
ro.product.device=sholes
ro.product.board=sholes

However, in Shiz you'll find:
Code:
[B]ro.product.name=sholes[/B]
ro.product.device=sholes
ro.product.board=sholes

Use Root Explorer to edit the build.prop so that the
Code:
ro.product.name=[B]sholes[/B]

reads
Code:
ro.product.name=[B]voles[/B]

Save and reboot.

Open the FB app, hit menu, settings, scroll the the bottom, and set your sync options.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
xfireguru, thanks! I haven't even looked into fixing fb sync yet. Been too busy. So is this confirmed as working?

OP
xfireguru

xfireguru

Reaction score
xfireguru, thanks! I haven't even looked into fixing fb sync yet. Been too busy. So is this confirmed as working?
You're welcome. I'll look into the Skype issue next.

I can confirm it works. I edited the build.prop back to how it was originally (ro.product.name=sholes) and immediately lost the sync capability.

villain1998

Reaction score
Does this work?

Will this fix the sync with contacts or will this fix the facebook notifications?:yr1:

OP
xfireguru

xfireguru

Reaction score
It'll restore the synching with the contacts only.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JCo352

Reaction score
What exactly is this fixing? I haven't even noticed anything different about fb. I have JRummy's remix v0.8 but it still reads =voles, instead of =sholes.

Edit: NM I'm retarded it was right to begin with.

Last edited:
OP
xfireguru

xfireguru

Reaction score
What exactly is this fixing? I haven't even noticed anything different about fb. I have JRummy's remix v0.8 but it still reads =voles, instead of =sholes.

Edit: NM I'm retarded it was right to begin with.
This is for people running the shiz. The option to sync facebook contacts with your google contacts was missing due to a typo. Now the contact pictures, status updates, etc. will pair with your google contacts.

woot505

Reaction score
How do you edit in root explorer, mine needs to changed but I dont know how to edit it. Can you tell me how to do this please.

JCo352

Reaction score
How do you edit in root explorer, mine needs to changed but I dont know how to edit it. Can you tell me how to do this please.

Long press on the build.prop, and open it with text editor.

woot505

Reaction score
Thanks JCo352, that fixed it!!!! Thank you helping out a NOOB!!....lol

woot505

Reaction score
JCo352 thank you again for the help, but I have one more problem to figure out. I have checked and posted in other threads with no results, I'm not the only one with this problem. I can't send pic messages anymore?? I have always used the stock app with swipe, but now for some reason now I can't send pic, voice, video messages, only text messages. I have rebooted, re-down loaded the rom on running with wiping cache/data.(jrummy shiz, blue theme, launcher pro) I have tried several different kernals trying to fix the problem. I have unistalled any app I think might be doing it, task manager, linpack, adobe, etc..... anything I down loaded in the past few weeks. No fix yet. I use pic messaging on a daily basis. I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS FIXED!!! Any ideas on this problem JCo352?????? Or anyone???

SovereignX5

Reaction score
I did this, but my fb contacts still wont sync. I added the fb account like you regularly would, but after I hit done or whatever it is, the account wasnt listed in the accounts and sync page, and when i try to re-add a fb account, it just brings me back to the accounts and sync page. My facebook account it signed in, as my widget works, but it does not appear in the accounts and sync page, the contact pictures do not sync, and i cannot click on a contact and go to their profile like i should be able to. any insight?

edit: running shiz v1.0, with the green theme of that matters

stephensaia

Reaction score
read only on build.prop?

Probably a noob question, but when i search for build.prop , it comes up as system/build.prop which is a read only file. How do i get past this? I wanna keep running this Shiz but i want pictures for my contacts.

>>> nevermind, figured it out

Last edited: