Fix for 12.18 dialer fc withouth removing telelocation.apk

frostthejack

Reaction score
Ok so deleting telelocation.apk doesnt realy solve any more problems then it causes so here is a fix given to me by markhuk

first you will need this file http://dphase.net/miui/telocation.db

move it to /system/etc

then in terminal do a chmod 777 /system/etc/telocation.db reboot and problem solved.

deadhd5

Reaction score
Thanks for passing on this info. FMI, what problems has removing telelocation.apk been known to cause? thanks..

EvilDobe

Reaction score
Good find. I tried this & it works so far. Hopefully that file will make it into the final release.

Reaction score
I've had no problems since deleting telelocation.apk. I have also installed the d1-miui mod add on and the slv1100 kernel with no problems. This is definitely the worst version of miui yet. I still love the rom though. Hopefully they start focusing on eliminating the bugs before adding features.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

martytoo

Reaction score
Ok so deleting telelocation.apk doesnt realy solve any more problems then it causes so here is a fix given to me by markhuk

first you will need this file http://dphase.net/miui/telocation.db

move it to /system/etc

then in terminal do a chmod 777 /system/etc/telocation.db reboot and problem solved.

What command would you use to move the file to /system/etc? And are the commands as follows

su
chmod 777 /system/etc/telocation.db
reboot

EvilDobe

Reaction score
What command would you use to move the file to /system/etc? And are the commands as follows

su
reboot

While in the folder that contains the .db file:
su
mv telocation.db /system/etc/
reboot

Or you could get Root Explorer & move it that way & then set the permissions to 777.

linkboy

Reaction score

su
reboot

While in the folder that contains the .db file:
su
mv telocation.db /system/etc/
reboot

Or you could get Root Explorer & move it that way & then set the permissions to 777.

What does 777 mean? I moved the file via Root Explorer, but I have no clue what to do next.

OP
F

frostthejack

Reaction score
Oh sorry guess I could of said I used root explorer to move it and the 777 is its permisons you need to set do that in terminal su enter chmod 777 /system/etc/telocation.apk

As far as what problems does removing the apk cause the only one I remember is that dnd doesn't work without it. But there where other issues lol I just don't remember them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

daddyshatch

Reaction score
Followed intructions. No worky.

Edit: I got it to work. Thank you, I enjoy my DND

Last edited:

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
the thing is we dont need either file, they are not used on the droid but i FORGOT to remove the apk that looks for the telocation.db, thats why there are f/c issues im sorry.

EvilDobe

Reaction score
the thing is we dont need either file, they are not used on the droid but i FORGOT to remove the apk that looks for the telocation.db, thats why there are f/c issues im sorry.

Is that the process that the DX uses to locate where a call is coming from?

Also.. 3am? Sleep... It's a new thing. You may want to try getting some of it. :)

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Also.. 3am? Sleep... It's a new thing. You may want to try getting some of it. :)

Lol if you look at jamezelles posts he doesn't go to sleep till around 6 or 7 am. . He's either a nightowl or is in a different time zone!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

clove8828

Reaction score
install help

Ok Im just not getting it. I understand to move the file and all. The issue im having is when I try top download the filwon the droid it just opens the. Do i need to DL this to my compter then place it on the SD and move it that way.

clove8828

Reaction score
I also dont undstand the "while in the folder that contains the db file" wont I be in termianl and unable to get to that file.

EvilDobe

Reaction score
I also dont undstand the "while in the folder that contains the db file" wont I be in termianl and unable to get to that file.

While in the terminal you need to use the "cd" command to navigate to the location you placed the .db file. I'm not sure of your skill level in using *nix commands but you may want to brush up on those if you plan on using the terminal. Become comfortable with those commands & you should be golden.

After what jamezelle said.. ya know.. not needing the file at all I would just delete the .apk & be done with it if I were you.

While in a terminal run the following commands & you should be all set..

su
rm /system/app/TelocationProvider.apk
reboot

Enjoy the sound of your phone ringing & the lack of FCs.